Chp 16

Draco's Pov

Nothing happened.

I lowered my wand and turned to face Blaise.

He spread his arms. And?

I guess we just wai-

ROOOOAAARRRRRR.

The ground started to shake as the sound of creaking metal echoed throughout the corridor. I jumped back against the wall and watched as the once-still statue in front of us had begun to unfurl its giant wings and turn its head.

Blaise quickly stepped back and slid onto the wall by my side. Each of the dragon's curved horns began to raise up towards the ceiling as the dragon looked up from the knight.

It was a lot larger than it appeared on the podium. Not as big as a normal dragon, but still large enough to cause some problems.

Slowly, we started to walk alongside the wall as the dragon began to test out its new moving body.

The creature on the ceiling didn't seem to have noticed us moving, but it had definitely taken interest in the discombobulated dragon.

So far the plan was working.

Blaise and I stopped moving once we had reached a large wardrobe. It was in the corner of the room and out of everything I had seen so far in this chamber, this definitely stood out the most.

Everything about it shouted magic. It was large and was made out of stained redwood. Unlike normal wardrobes, instead of having two doors, it had one in the middle of the frame. 

The surface of the wood was covered in designs of things like trees and lions. There was a large sun on the base of the doorway and a pair of crowns adorned between vines at the top.

There was old magic in this wardrobe. I had no doubt that Blaise could feel it too. It smelled of old age, but also other things.

Snow, Pine Trees, and . . . Cat?

I looked over at my friend. He frowned and walked over to a table that stood to the side of the wardrobe. On top of it, there were two picture frames. The one on the left was a photograph of four children: two boys and two girls. The youngest girl couldn't have been older than twelve.

 Then on the right was a painting of the Four Founders of Hogwarts: Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff.

I turned to leave, but Blaise had stayed put. What is it?

It's strange. Blaise looked between the two frames. They kind of look similar don't they?