Chapter 3: Wedding Fun

♤Season 7, Episode 20♤

Angela can't help but smile with pride as her brother introduces his exchange program, "This is Zola. She's six months old, born with spina bifida," she shares a look with Arizona, who is sitting beside her, they both are proud, "...His spine to prevent any further brain damage..."

"Do you want to keep it down back there? I'm trying to listen to what appears to be the next chief resident talking," Webber turns to the rest of the resident class behind Angela.

"Before we go, I just want to say thank you to all of you for your participation. It, uh, truly means more than I could say," he wraps up, casing all the attendings to give him the slow clap.

"Is it wrong that I want to claim a little credit for how he turned out?" Angela whispers to Teddy and Arizona.

They shake their head, Arizona adding, "I'm doing the same thing."

♤♤♤♤

Angela stands with little Grey and Yang as she talks to her first African kid, "Sefu, I will be repairing your brothers heart defect tomorrow while Dr. Sloan, our head of plastics, will construct Kondo a new sternum."

Kondo says something to his brother in an African dialect that Angela does not know, "He wants to know, if he dies, could we wait to tell the family at home. Our sister's birthday is tomorrow, and he doesn't want to ruin it."

Arizona sits on the edge of the bed, making sure that he hears what she says, "We are gonna take really good care of you. Okay? And you are not gonna ruin your sister's birthday."

"We have to look at his chest, okay?" Angela smiles, hoping to seem calm.

Moving forward, she unties Kondo's gown and opens it so the surgeons can see his chest. It reveals the heart beating just under the surface of the skin.

"Wow."

As they leave the room, Yang quickly catches up to Angela, "Can I please get on your service? I-I would be a great assist on your procedure."

"You know, Teddy and I have been friends for years. I want to see what you've got, but I'm not risking putting you on that surgery just for you to turn around and try and go over my head. Get in good with Teddy, and I'll consider it. For now, Dr. Grey is on my your service and you are on Dr. Robbins," Angela tells her, hating it but realizing that she needs Yang to find some humility if she's gonna work with her.

♤♤♤♤

"Oh, Teddy! Hey," Angela runs up to her friend, "Give me twenty good reasons as to why I shouldn't have Yang on my service besides that you're my best friend and I love you."

"Uh, um," she spots Owen and drags Angela behind her, "Okay, okay, look, I need twenty good reasons why Angela shouldn't let Cristina on her service today, because she's asking for them."

Owen turns to Angela as if looking for an explanation, "All the attendings here say that Yang is the resident you want on a cardio case and I have a really complicated one, and I could use amazing skills today, but my head of cardio has asked that we not have her on our services. So, twenty reasons. Please."

He sighs, shaking his head, "I don't have one reason. I think you should put her on your service, Angie. I think you could teach her something no other attending ever could."