27: Aubade (R)

HOLD UP!✋✋

HOLD UP!✋✋

Before you start reading this chapter, I have a VERY IMPORTANT thing to announce.

A while ago, I did a poll on this story in general. The lowest score went to character relatability/ complexity, flow of the story.

So, I revised this story.

It was cringy to say the least, and also fascinating at the same time how my writing style has developed through months.

I have edited out a LOT of things, especially from chapter 1-17. I put more character into Adrianna and Ares, gave more insight into Ares' mind, added more dialogues to maintain the flow etc etc.

So, before proceeding to the chapter, it is very highly recommended that you read the previous chapters because I don't want more misrepresentation of Adrianna or Ares.

Now onto the chapter!

---------

"It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world." – John Green

Aubade (n.)- A love song sung at the dawn.

)- A love song sung at the dawn

Warning: Sad smut (ig)

Adrianna's POV:

I said no to Archer.

It was not a decision made on whim, in fact, I denied him after careful consideration. Even though I was momentarily tempted to take up his offer, I knew it would be a bad idea. Archer funding my therapy wouldn't be a good look if Ares came to know of it.

Which he would, eventually.

My heart broke into a million little pieces, I felt as if someone had ripped it out as I replayed his words over and over again in my head. I wanted to yell and cry- throw a fit and let Ares know.