| 55 |

HIS mother agreed to go on vacation and Draco was relieved. She told him that it was not right for her to be happy in the midst of a war. Draco insisted, saying that she should take Mrs. Zabini and Mrs. Parkinson along with her. They decided to visit Greece and a few more places along the way. Getting her mother to get out of the country was important so that he could focus. Too bad he can't wrap Catherine up in a beautiful box and keep her away too.

  The last time he saw her she was at the Manor gardens, having a picnic with Flick's wife and their twins. Or at least her friend was trying to get her to enjoy the rare sunshine and cool weather, but no doubt more books and mannequins would have been sprawled across the grass by now. Her final exams are looming and Draco hates the fact that it was a day before their ultimate battle.

  The final raid of them all. Hopefully.

  Dread nearly consumed him as time passed by, reaching for that day. But at the same time, he was terrified for it to happen.

  He was in the mirror room along with Blaise, Theo and other members of the Ministry. It was Theo's idea to bring some of them here and practice. Klaison and Berrycloth were duelling at the far corner, practicing their protection charms. What Draco did not fully agree to was having Weasley and his bloody friends here. At least they were still civil for now, or maybe it's the fact that Potter and Granger have not arrived yet.

  Coincidence? Of course not.

  "500 galleons that they will get together by the end of this week." Theo nudged his shoulder and pointed at Blaise and Pansy, who was supposed to be practicing their hexes. Blaise was behind her and wrapped his hand around hers, holding onto her wand, as if he was showing her how to cast a spell. A blind bat could see that he did not need to be that close to her.

  "They have been eye fucking each other since they got here." Theo continued, "it makes me sick sometimes."

  Draco turned to smirk at his friend, "Jealous?"

  "At them, no. Pansy is beautiful, but she's not my type of woman." Theo frowned, "but at the both of you finding someone, bloody fucking yes."

  "I did not know you were looking." Draco motioned for him to keep his stance. They were practicing some disarming charms and he realised that Theo was actually almost as good as he was.

  "I did not say I was. But it would be nice to have someone I can call my own." Theo hissed as a spell nearly caught onto his hand. "Like you and Catherine. Actually, Catherine is sort of my type, maybe I could-"

  Draco sent three consecutive spells straight at his chest and Theo failed to deflect the last one, landing on the wooden floor with a thud.

  "Still want to finish that sentence?"

  "You and your fucking anger issues." Theo groaned again rubbing his back.

  He scanned the room, waiting for Theo to get his ass back up. Weasley was now training alongside Flick with a dummy that had a red dot across his face. He mind was clearly elsewhere judging by how he managed to miss every single shot. Weasley had wanted to ask Flick to fight alongside them.

  Draco snuck another glance at Blaise who was still guiding Pansy along with the spell, but his other hand had a tight grip on her waist. Pansy was now blushing at something he whispered in her ear; Draco doubts those words were clean.

  Fuck, now he wanted Catherine.

  "1000 galleons they fuck each other tonight." Draco challenged and Theo laughed.

  They continued hexing and practicing until the door creaked, revealing the most awaited couple of the day. They could all feel Weasley's anger radiating from the top of his red hair just waiting to combust into flames. Draco did not know if it was their tardiness or that their hands were intertwined together that made Weasley snap. They all suspected this was going to happen sooner rather than later, but actually seeing it made them all stare.