35

eunha left home early the next day, making her way to dream cafe to get drinks before she head to school.

she was in a good mood - the best she's been for the past few weeks, actually.

after jaemin's and her promise of running to each other in good and hard times, they took the long way back to her house. both not wanting to be apart from each other and as a result, they continued to wander around the neighborhood, walking past her house multiple times.

she ordered two cups of iced americano and made her way to school.

as she entered the school compound, she was greeted by chenle.

"hi noona!" he said with his usual sunshine self.

"good morning chenle!" she greeted back, "not walking with weiyun anymore?"

"nah, she ditched me for renjun-hyung." joked chenle, "where were you yesterday, noona? jeno-hyung said you had something to do."

she hummed, "i had something to do. i'll tell y'all about it when time is right. it's not the best timing right now."

"oh noona! our first basketball tournament is tomorrow! will you come to support us?" he asked, giving a pout as a way to convince her to come, although she had actually made up her mind to come.

"i will, chenle. i wanna see you play!" she replied while ruffling his hair.

the two continued to walk together and parted ways before entering their homeroom classes. as she entered the class, she was greeted by jeno, donghyuck and seolhyun.

"good morning! you look like you're in a good mood!" greeted donghyuck, teasing her with a raise of his eyebrow.

"i wonder if something happened," jeno said, joining in with teasing her.

"nothing happened. where are the others?" asked eunha, mainly eyeing for jaemin as she knew renjun is coming with weiyun.

"not here yet," replied jeno simply.

the day continued with their teacher taking their attendance and it was then time for them to enter their classes.

however, the person eunha anticipated to see the most was nowhere in the classroom.

"is jaemin not coming in today?" asked jeno to eunha when their homeroom teacher left the class.

"i'm not sure," replied eunha, checking her phone for messages but none were from jaemin.

she stopped by the door, fiddling with her fingers as her eyes wander about, looking for the figure she longs to see.

"hey, maybe he just needs more time. nothing happened to him yesterday, right? i'm sure he's doing okay." jeno reassured, rubbing circles on her back before the two walked to class together.

"here," eunha said, passing the cup of cold americano to jeno.

"you accidentally bought an extra coffee today?" joked jeno, muttering a 'thank you' as he took the drink.

"i bought an extra for jaemin. but i know you drink them too." she replied, a small smile crept across her face.

"a second choice, i see." jeno muttered in a joking manner, but in the inside, his heart did hurt.

eunha laughed, not noticing the change in jeno's expression.

"i'll see you later," said jeno and entered his class immediately.