Chapter 21: Dragon of Alastaire

Ray's POV
"Halt! If you wish to pass, you shall prove yourself worthy. Cross the courtyard without looking behind, but don't think its that easy to resist, as the temptations are high. Look back and you shall be killed, by an anonymous being with a desire to hear you shriek in wail!" A voice said from behind us.

We paused our movements but didn't turn behind. We continued walking as I heard (Y/N)'s voice calling me from behind. I nearly turned when I remembered it was just a trap.

I looked at Kanato and Xander and they seemed to be struggling as well. "Are you guys hearing her voice as well?" I asked. "Yeah...maybe because she was the one we desired the most" Xander answered.

I looked down and we continued walking. "Ray!!...please dont ignore me..." The fake (Y/N) says. I resist the urge to turn behind.

We continued walking trying the ignore her wailing. "Ray...do you love me?" The fake (Y/N) asks softly. I covered my ears and quickly swift walk across the courtyard.

The others followed me quickly and we finally managed to reach the end. A dragon suddenly appeared in front of us.

"Greetings! You have successfully passed my first test. Now onto the second test before advancing any further" the icy dragon said. The dragon was blue from head to tail.

 The dragon was blue from head to tail

"What is the second test?" I asked. "You must find the missing piece of the Rose Heart. It is an important element in the Kingdom of Alastaire".

"Alastaire? Rose Heart?" I asked in confusion. "You are in the Kingdom of Alastaire, my boy. The Rose Heart was broken a few days ago....without it...the kingdom will be easily overtaken by dark forces as The Rose Heart was the element protecting the kingdom" the dragon replied.

'I didn't even know talking dragons existed...but if fairies exist too...then so be it' i thought. "Alright...so where do we find the missing piece?" Xander asked.

"The evil troll king has taken it. He has brought it to the kingdom of Wavyrie to light it up. Kingdom of Wavyrie is where all the trolls are" the dragon continued saying.

"Here is a map. Also, here are some weapons to attack or defend yourself" the dragon said and handed us some weapons.

I took a sword since it was quite easy to use. Xander took a rose covered bow and arrow since he is a pro at archery. Kanato took the last weapon which was a magical staff, I think.

Sword Of Alastaire