♡28

**

They say love is the most powerful force in the universe.

They say it can bound two together as nothing else can. They say it can make one go to the furthest stretch. Love makes people crazy. Love makes people cry. Love makes people smile. Love can be between a loving husband and wife, a mother and her child, a little girl and her best friend.

They say love has no limits.

But was it not them that set limitations on love?

Jeongguk was gone when Taehyung woke up, early in the morning. He felt the emptiness beside him, the vacancy on the weight of the bed. Taehyung felt gloom, sat up in an instant and carried his feet to the window, just to see Jeongguk scurrying down the road towards his house.

"Jeongguk!" Taehyung called from the window loudly. Jeongguk paused on the road and turned to look up at Taehyung. Taehyung's heart seized. The boy still had bruises on his face.

Jeongguk gave Taehyung a solemn look, but Taehyung knew what it meant, despite no words being said. His eyes conveyed enough. That they couldn't be together like this again. And Taehyung almost felt an enigma, because how could Jeongguk be so... giving?

Whenever Taehyung felt hurt he went running to Jeongguk, did he not? And each time, as hurt as Jeongguk knew he'd get, he opened his arms and let Taehyung in. He held him at night and told him it'd all turn out fine. Jeongguk himself told Taehyung that his child was more important than anyone. All while being in love.

But right now, Jeongguk, after being hurt so badly and having the most awful week, ran away at 6 in the morning to his house to not hurt... Veronica, perhaps? How could he be so selfless, so giving? To always put Taehyung's happiness above his own?

Is that what love really is?

Jeongguk deserves nothing but happiness, and Taehyung didn't know how to give it to him.

Taehyung showered under warm water for a long time, thinking, the strong pressure of the water against his skin waking him up to the future, how lonesome it seemed without Jeongguk in it.

Jeongguk was a gate of heaven that Taehyung kept running to. Jeongguk was a little escape to paradise. He was an angel as if sent from above, there to heal Taehyung and love him. Taehyung wishes he could be the same to Jeongguk.

With Jeongguk, Taehyung felt like Lazarus.

After the shower, Taehyung walked out feeling underwhelmed. He wanted to spend his day with Jeongguk and Jeongguk only. He walked into the kitchen and found Veronica, cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," Veronica said. "You woke up rather early,"

"Yes. Thank you for cooking breakfast." Taehyung said, oddly formal. He walked to Veronica and laid a quick kiss on her cheek. It felt forced. "Do you know why Jeongguk left?" Taehyung asked.

"I saw him scurry off as I walked down. I asked him to stay for breakfast, but he said he'd overstayed his visit." Veronica chuckled, and then looked at Taehyung. "He might be one of the nicest men I've ever met. I wish all men were like him."

"What, gay?"

"Yes."

Taehyung chuckled. "Then you wouldn't have any to yourself."

"I think I've outgrown men. Don't fancy them as much as I used to. I had an... odd craving for men but, eh. Think it was something inside of pushing me forward to always put men beneath myself, but I don't feel the need to do that anymore. I can feel confident in myself and my ability as a woman," Veronica said with a smile, and then grabbed a plateful of eggs and sausages, and took it outside to the dining table. Taehyung walked after her.