Chapter 63

Jessica spent the beginning of December with Meg and Abi, testing them to see just how much they did listen to her. She was shocked to find that they listen to almost every word she spoke, few times they ignored her was when it was their time to be fed and they had food on the brain.

Charlie spent the time with Archie and the girls, while ever Jessica was willing to work with the Wampus Cats, he took care of the children. Soon they would be leaving for England, Charlie wasn't going to be at the Burrow for his birthday but made a vow to be there for Christmas.

"Dad, when are going?" Archie said, with his coat and backpack on

"Not while the morning, just one more sleep," Charlie said, Archie huffed throwing his backpack off

Charlie shook his head at him, he was sat in the living room with Mary and Anna, watch his twins reminded him of Fred and George, especially now they were walking, they walked unsteadily at first, once they got the hang of it they were off like Nifflers. Charlie had to keep a close eye on them, as one would walk one way while the other went another way.

Charlie checked the clock, Jessica had been gone a lot longer than she told him. He was just about ready to go and look for her when she walked from the door, covered in mud. He held back his laughter, he never thought he'd see the day that he would be the clean one and Jessica be the muddy one.

"How was it?" he asked

"Better than I thought, they just need more focus when it's dinner time," she told him, wiping her cheek of the dirt that covered her face. "Is everything packed and ready?"

"Yes, just last-minute things which can be done in the morning," he told her, Jessica chuckled as she reached down to pick up Mary and Anna

"Shall we have a bath little ones?" Jessica poked their bellies, they giggled as their mother cuddled them.

"I'll bath Archie after you girls are done," he said

"I don't want a bath!" Archie stomped his feet on the floor

"You have too, nana won't have you all smelly in her house," Charlie told

"You're smelly!" he shouted, pointing his finger at his father.

Jessica left to give the girls their bath before bedtime, best to get them settled as they were becoming rather defiant when it came to bedtime. As she dressed them for bed, she heard Charlie carrying a screaming Archie up to take his bath, Jessica creased her brows she had never heard Archie react like this before.

"Arthur Weasley, you will have your bath," she heard Charlie tell him.

She chuckled as Mary and Anna snuggled closely together in their cribs, Charlie carried Archie over his shoulder, getting him dressed for bed. He kicked and screamed, she closed the door so his tantrum didn't disturb his sisters, who managed to fall asleep.

"Well, that was a nightmare," Charlie said, lying comfortably next to Jessica

"He really put up a fight didn't he," Jessica said, with a smile on her face as Charlie look exhausted

"Yeah, is he like that often?" Charlie asked, wondering if this is was Jessica had to deal with while he worked with the animals.

"No, but when he has a tantrum best believe you'll know about it," he smiled at her, draping his arm over her stomach pulling her closer to him.

***

The next morning, Charlie and Jessica hurried with the children they were so close to missing their trip back home. They were so thankful that they didn't tell Charlie's mother that they were coming, as they arrived the Burrow. River ran through the fields, jumping through the long grass, Archie ran after the dog.

They reached the Burrow to find that there were more people there than they originally expected. Including Remus Lupin, Ron's friend Harry Potter, and Rhea Black. Jessica quickly took her twins upstairs they were still asleep and didn't want to wake them yet.

Jessica came downstairs to find Fred running around with Archie on his shoulders, she chuckled, while also warning him to be careful. Remus and Harry were in the middle of an argument regarding one of the Hogwarts teachers, she couldn't quite hear what was being said.

"Dumbledore trust him therefore I do," Remus said, his voice agitated, he stopped talking upon seeing Jessica

"Sorry, I just wanted to talk to Arthur for a second," she said, Arthur nodded his head standing from his chair.

"Is everything alright?" he asked

"I wanted to ask if you've heard anything from my father, I read that a few Death Eaters escaped Azkaban," she asked

"Yes, he keeps in contact quite a bit actually, last I heard he was laying low in a Muggle town somewhere-

"A town?" she questioned "my father doesn't like crowded, busy spaces like that, it prevents him from freely using magic,"

"He told us that it would be more difficult for people to locate him," she nodded

"I suppose he's right," she paused eyeing Remus cautiously "is he alright?" Arthur turned to look at Remus

"Remus, what is it?" he asked as he scanned the fields River was stood growling in the same direction, a fire of Fire surrounded the Burrow, standing right before them was Bellatrix Lestrange, Harry shoved his way through the door, running into the field, Rhea Black and Ginny ran closely behind him.

"Jess!", Charlie handed Archie to her, while he rushed upstairs to get the girls,

Molly rushed everyone outside, Jessica anxiously waited for Charlie, he was the last one out of the door. As he stood with Jessica Death Eaters burnt down their home, Arthur ran back to them, with Ginny, Rhea and Harry beside him. He embraced Molly as Rhea grabbed Harry pulling him into a hug.

Jessica tried her best to calm Archie as much as she could, Charlie cradled their girls, who couldn't stop crying. The family watched as their home with all their family memories going back decades had burnt to ash, Jessica leaned into Charlie.

"We're staying aren't we?" she whispered, looking up for Charlie's reaction, he lightly nodded, pressing his lips against her forehead.