Red Rocks

My head rested on Varian's shoulder as he looked through all of the data on Demanitis we could find. "What does it mean, Demanitis? What does it mean?" He asked more to himself and I yawned snuggling up closer to him. Varian moved quickly and harshly and I groaned. "O-oh, sorry, milady." He said softly kissing the top of my head. The sound of his quill scratching against the table was the only sound filling the large lab. I yawned again and managed to get under his right arm to hug him closer to me as I got more comfortable.

Not too long after, I noticed he was finally starting to dose off. I let a soft content sigh leave my nose as I managed to fall asleep.

Varian's POV:

"Maybe...maybe we should call it a night." (Y/n) said sleepily as she snuggled closer to me. "You can go to bed, love. I'm just going to finish working on-" "Varian!" I heard Dad yell and I quickly turned towards the door.

"Dad!" I called out getting up and running towards wherever the shout was coming from. I opened the door to my lab to see that the amber was back.

"Dad! No! No, not again!" I ran towards the amber terrified that it was happening all over again. "Serves you right, traitor!" Feldspar said and I turned around to see the towns people screaming and yelling at me. They got closer and closer to me yelling at me.

"This is what you deserve!" Old Lady Crowley shouted and I turned to the amber. "Dad?" "Varian!" He yelled reaching out for me only for something grabbed the back of my neck.

Everything around me turned black as an evil laugh surrounded me. "Varian!" An all too familiar voice screamed for me. "(Y/n)?" I quickly turned around to see black smoke start to surround her. "Sapphires! Help!"

"No! No, no, no! Not this!" I yelled running towards her. "I...I can't do this anymore." She said softly and it broke my heart. "No! We-we can figure something out, just hold on!" I yelled and she shook her head no.

When I was less than a foot away from her everything went in slow motion. "I-I'm going to save you!" I yelled reaching my arm out for her. My eyes caught with hers.

She stared at me with red eyes, tear stained cheeks, and her face was blotchy and red from crying so much. "I...I'm so sorry. I love you." She said softly and the black smoke surrounded her completely. "This is all your fault, dearie." A voice said that made me want to vomit.

(Y/n)'s POV:

"No!" Someone yelled and I fell down hard. My eyes shot open from being forcefully awoke only to stare up at Varian. "What?" He asked quickly looking around. He spotted me on the floor rubbing the side of my head.

"Owie." I said barely above a whisper and he quickly came to my side. "Oh my god, love, I am so sorry. Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "O-okay good. Now please excuse me w-while I check something." He said before throwing Ruddiger around his shoulders and sprinting.

I watched as he tripped going up the stairs a couple times. "We better go after him." I said softly to Sunny. He nodded before getting up and rubbing against my legs. I snapped my fingers and glanced down at what I was wearing. Sunny was still rubbing against my legs and I pet him before waving my hand over my head.