Killing Dreykov, Part Two

Katerina Dreykov's boot was placed heavily on Natasha's chest, pressing it down harder every time she squirmed or grasped for breath.

Katerina's face was emotionless. She showed no remorse for potentially crushing Nat's chest. Her piercing slender eyes stared into Wanda's soul, her plump lips curving as her mouth formed a wicked smirk. Her hair was slicked back into two plaits, her dark brown hair down to her rib age despite being tied up. She wore an all black suit that fit her perfectly. It fitted her tall figure, and a thick black vest covered it as bullet and stab proof padding.

She looked evil, fitting the tormented description Yelena had given her. Despite her physical desires to kill Natasha, Wanda couldn't help but notice her affliction. She was suffering, her mind was in pieces, she didn't even know who she was.

"I can assure you, my mind has never been more at peace." Katerina's sly Russian accent slipped through her communication.

Wanda was taken back; how did she know what she was thinking?

"You're not the only mind reader here, darling." Katerina smirked wickedly. Wanda was stunned. She  knew that Katerina would've been experimented on given the time she was under Dreykov's control, and given Dreykov's inhumanity, but she didn't know quite what new abilities and tricks she would have up her sleeve.

"What did he do to you?" Wanda asked sadly. She also needed to know exactly what Katerina was capable of to be able to take her down.

"That's for me to know, and for you to dot dot dot..." Katerina laughed, always being one step ahead.

"You don't have to do this." Wanda held her hands up, trying to empathise with her.

"I am, this." Katerina smirked, shutting down Wanda's attempts at pitying her.

"Then I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice." Wanda said blankly, and her eyes began to glow a burning red. Her entire body was illuminating with chaos magic as she lifted herself and debris around her into the air. She wasted no more time. She sent the debris flying at Katerina, who either dodged it or stopped it in its tracks.

'She's telekinetic.' Wanda thought to herself. Her sudden outburst was just a test to see what Katerina was really capable of.

Wanda stated through pure energy blasts at Katerina, in attempt to just slow her down, but it was having very little effect. Distracting her with an ambush gave Nat the chance to get away and help the others regain consciousness.

When Wanda saw Nat and the others were okay and ready to fight again, she took it as an opportunity to try free Katerina of Dreykov.

Wanda fought with everything she had. It wounded Katerina, but her stamina and pain tolerance were far greater than humanely possible that it did not stunt her ability to keep fighting. But it did stunt Wanda. She was getting tired, and couldn't handle the attacks Katerina was sending. She had yet to reach her full potential, and Katerina was the harshest opponent she'd ever faced before.

Wanda began to give in. She was too tired to even hold Katerina off. Her legs gave in first, her knees hitting the gravel harshly leaving cuts and bruises on her legs. Then she could barely raise her hands to do magic, and the rest of her body tumbled to the ground in exhaustion.

As Katerina was about to kill Wanda, Natasha Romanoff once again put others before herself. She tackled Katerina from behind, sending her pummelling to the floor. However Katerina got up faster that Natasha, putting her at risk once more.

"Enough of this." Katerina panted frustratedly. She pulled out a large knife from her pocket and pressed it harshly against Natasha's neck, choking her ferociously.

"This isn't you, Katerina. This is the brainwashed assassin Dreykov wanted you to be and you're just falling into his trap." Natasha squirmed, desperately trying to hold off Katerina's arm, but she was far stronger than Nat.

"Dreykov made me strong. He gave me a good life." Katerina said naively.

"You had a good life, Dreykov stripped that from you. Your freedom, family, friends. Everything." Nat choked and coughed. She tried to find even a glimpse of humanity in Katerina.

"You're lying." Katerina spat, trying to block out everything Natasha was saying.

"Your name, is Katerina Orlova. It was your Mother's name. You kept it until Dreykov took it away." Natasha said, trying to see if Katerina's memories of her old life were locked away somewhere.

"YOU'RE LYING!" Katerina screamed, angry as ever. The knife had cut Natasha's neck, and the wound was nearly becoming serious.

"Your Mother's name was Diana. And Dreykov killed her." Nat struggled through each breath. She made desperate attempts to connect to any signs of the brainwashed Katerina.

Katerina scrambled off of Natasha, memories of her Mother flooding in all at once. She cried out in pain, all her memories overwhelming her at once. The pain of the experiments Dreykov put her through; the manipulation; the brainwashing tools; her old life with Yelena and Natasha; the small moment of peace she had when she ran away with her Mother; the memory of Dreykov shooting her Mother dead in-front of her eyes. She could remeber everything, from the time Natasha had tried to kill her, to the colour of her first bedroom walls.

Katerina became overwhelmed, to the extent that her telekinesis sent shock waves for about a mile across the floating gravel.

She remembered everything.

She remembered. Everything.