v

Hello! Sorry about the delay in writing this chapter! This one was actually really hard to write since we don't know the full scope of Sukuna's powers (like that unknown fire power) and I am having to read the manga (which takes forever since there are 150+ chapters). I also had severe writer's block for the fight scene in this chapter. I have major respect for Shonen writers, after writing fight scenes. It takes talent (that I don't have) to plan and execute a good fight scene. And I got my dream job! I'm sorry I won't be able to update more often, I hope I'll be able to continue writing throughout my busy life. Anyway, Imma stop ranting and start the story.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Eiji hadn't even finished unpacking her bags yet when she was alerted that there was a curse who had wandered into town and was wreaking havoc. Dropping everything (quite literally), she tied her hair back up and ran into the city streets.

The streets were pure chaos; women and children were fleeing the scene, screaming and crying. Some men put up arms against the curse while the cowardly ones fled. Eiji calmly walked through the crowd of panicked civilians as she put on a kitsune mask, a feeling of calm washing over her.

But there is always calm in the storm's eye.

Part of her thought, how dare a curse defile her hometown like this? How dare they interrupt what would've been a peaceful evening if they hadn't shown up? But a small part of her, the secret part of her, wished it was the rumored King of Curses. Maybe then she wouldn't be so mad. Maybe then, her boring life of killing curses on sight would be over, and she could have a real challenge.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sukuna felt it deep in his bones. He could feel the excitement and anticipation rising as a strong cursed energy approached, one that rivaled his own. But deep down, an eerie feeling bubbled up, one that told him it was a bad omen. Ignoring it, Sukuna continued to slaughter, clearing a path to this stronger cursed energy.

When he laid eyes on the person that the cursed energy was radiating from, he nearly laughed. He was short and small, his head only reaching Sukuna's chest. He was slim with the muscle mass of a woman. He held a katana that Sukuna only assumed he didn't know how to use that well. The only thing that was holding Sukuna back from laughing out loud was the sheer amount of cursed energy they had, and his eyes. The man's mask covered his eyes, but Sukuna felt as though his head was being cursed off by the man's eyes alone.

"... Four arms... Two faces... Are you the King of Curses...?" the small man asked.

That made Sukuna finally laugh out loud. "So that's what humans are calling me nowadays," he had a sinister grin on his face. "I like it."

The small man smiled an unnerving smile underneath his mask, so unnerving that Sukuna could feel it inside him, and charged at Sukuna with his blade drawn.

Sukuna's blade met with the man in the kitsune mask's blade, causing sparks to shoot up into the air. Not even before the sparks extinguished did they engage again.

'How is he countering all my moves?' Sukuna thought. Surely he should have the upper hand as he used more blades and was faster than the man in the kitsune mask.

Sukuna then realized that the masked man was faster than him. A lot faster.

"I'm getting bored," the masked man said. "Why can't you actually try?"

He was right. Sukuna wasn't trying. They were both feeling each other out. And to be honest, Sukuna was getting a little bored too. He wanted to get back to killing at this point.

"Fine then, you damn sorcerer," Sukuna said, grinning again. He gathered up his strength into one blow, aimed at the masked man.

The blow did more damage than expected, causing the houses in the area to be destroyed. However, when the smoke cleared, the houses were still floating midair and the masked man remained unscratched.

The masked man turned towards one of the buildings, and in a dark voice, he said, "Run."

A mother dragged her child out of the building, not daring to look at either the masked man or Sukuna, while the only thing the child could look at was Sukuna, tears of fear and shock rolling down the poor child's face.

Sukuna on the other hand, didn't even notice the child and mother, because he was too busy staring at the masked man.

Sukuna aimed to spit the man in half but somehow the masked man was left unscratched.

"How the fuck-"

The masked man blasted Sukuna into the air before he could even process what was going on.

It seemed as though time had slowed for a moment as Sukuna's face was so close to the masked man that Sukuna could finally see his enemy's eyes.

They were beautiful. No, more than beautiful. They were blue as the bluest sky and the highlights were like big fluffy clouds floating around. Their eyes seemed to glow like stars in the night sky. They were mesmerizing.

Sukuna stared for what felt like an eternity even though it was mere milliseconds. The masked man said something nearly inaudible, the only word Sukuna could hear was "you" before being roundhouse kicked miles away.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As soon as Eiji got home, her kitsune mask fell onto the ground in two pieces, a red ribbon being the only thing connecting the two pieces together.

"Lady Eiji," A familiar voice said. Of course, it was Nori. "Good job defeating the King of Curses!"

Eiji calmly walked to the courtyard, letting her hair down as Nori followed behind her, a worried expression on his face as he had known her long enough to know something was wrong. "Lady Eijj?"

"The sky is so beautiful today," She mused as she looked up towards the orange sky.

"Lady Eiji, you defeated the King of Curses, right?"

"No, but I finally got to meet him,"

"What do you mean?"

"I got to meet the King of Curses, how can I put it simpler?"

"Not that, I meant the part about not defeating the King of Curses,"

"Have you ever heard the phrase, 'Lost the battle but won the war'?"

"Yes, what of it?"

"He won the war," Eiji said. "And I never got to ask him what his favorite color was."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'm depressed cause my little flourishes won't work. Eh, I'll fix it later.