.12

| Eleanor |

I nearly collided with the pillar!

If it hadn't been a pair of strong arms steadying me, I would have smashed my face against the old marble pillar.

Face red hot with embarrassment, I turned towards my saviour.

"Thank—," the you died on the tip of my tongue.

Ryan.

Friking Ryan.

The hot senior who was continuously coming at me and I would be a two faced bitch if I said I didn't like his attention.

That night I had a brainstorm. A wake up call. If it hadn't been for Megan, I would have fallen flat into a dangerous game. Me being an obsessive person with anger management issues, I couldn't afford to let him get into my world. While soaking in sheet mask, I reflected over my choice and kind of rearranged the whole story.

Shouldn't have talked to him.

Shouldn't have cut the wire.

Shouldn't have let him in.

If I had picked the right choices, I would have never been stuck at a place where I wanted to move in and move back. The push and pull of feelings had me going crazy and the guy hadn't even touch me yet in an specific manner.

So, I made up my mind.

To,

Erase Ryan Harrison from my life.

Right when I landed on the campus , good ol Willow missing as usual, I had my hood up and my head down. Yes, hood was a voluntary choice of clothing today. I made sure not a single strand of my red hair was in sight. . going as far as to changing the way I walked.

It was an extreme effort to show my brain, I was on its side. The logical side.

My heart was a different story.

Walking towards the building, I didn't make eye contact with anyone as if I was a felon on the run. .

And maybe I was. .from my heart. .

"There you go again, Eleanor." I muttered darkly.

But I wasn't so lucky after all. The one person you're hell bent on avoiding will materialize like nothing!

Muttering and repeating my vows , I glanced up—and immediately reeled back! The man who shouldn't be named was walking. . towards exit.

Towards the door I had just entered from.

Luckily, he didn't see me because his face was turned at his friend as he talked to him animatedly. Waving his hands and all.

I didn't wait for him to catch me.

Whirling around ,I walked out.

More likely ran out.

And then the next ten minutes I kept hiding from him. Going behind the girl with curly hair , hiding behind a kissing couple. .my next target was the huge trash bin . .

He had walked out. Stepping down the stairs and. . . not moving from there.

His friend left.

And he stood there like the shit he was. Slipping out his cellphone and swiping across the screen while I tried to move away from the kissing couple.

More like sucking couple.

Octopus had nothing on them.

And then while trying to dive behind a pillar. .

He caught me.

With his bright eyes and melting smile. Let me tell you one thing about hot dudes. You think you won't be one of his minions but once he's in your face , you can't help but want to be his minion.

Decked in a white t shirt with the D&G logo, a pair of snug pants. .he looked like a dream . .i wasn't suppose to see!

"Eleanor." He took my name softly.

I grunted in response.

"Were you hiding from me?" He voice was lit with amusement.

Scowling, I tried not to go berserk.

He raised a dark brow. "What did I do now?"

"You found me." I scowled, looking away from his face.

He chuckled lightly. "I'll always find you, Eleanor. Is there. . something you're not telling me?"

"Stop asking me stuff." I kept looking at the oak tree.

And he took a step right towards where I was staring. Suddenly infront of me. Surprised at his move, I kinda got jammed there. Glued. Tongue tied.

"Now we're talking." He smiled. "If I don't ask you stuff, how would I know?"

That damn silky voice of his. .

I squeezed my eyes shut and then shot them open. "Because, you're no one to ask me anything. You're no one to step in my space. You're nothing, Ryan. A big fat nothing. And nothings don't go around asking questions!"

The bright twinkle in his blue eyes died down a little. Just a little.

I didn't keep my loud mouth shut now did i? Once I got rolling. . .

"—Megan was right! You had her used like a tissue paper and then you went up spilling everything to Mark. I sincerely hope you know what that makes you. Oh I know! one big piece of shit !" I shook my head , fuming. "I should never have talked to you in the first place."

He let me fume out.

Lash out.

Left and right.

Burning everything.

He didn't say a word but only look at me with those sad eyes—Ryan had the kind of eyes that makes you want to make him happy or something.

Or maybe it was me.

"And now what ,Eleanore? What do you want me to do?" He asked in a calm voice.

I laughed bitterly.

"Are you listening to yourself? You keep coming at me , Ryan! Why? Why should I let you in my life? Why can't you stay in your world? I don't want you in mine! I don't want to end up like her" I was breathing fast and I was sure my face had gone multiple shades of red.

He didn't let me breath.

He stepped all the way in. Forcing me to take a step back, my back hitting the pillar behind me.

Ryan looked so calm like whatever I said didn't faze him a bit and it drove me nuts! Why was I being the one getting the best of both worlds? Why couldn't I see the hurt in his eyes like it was throbbing in my heart?

Lifting his hand, he took my chin between his fingers. His touch so gentle . .I craved more of it. .

The ocean in his eyes was melting. It was coming to life.

"Why do you fear me , Eleanor? why do you keep comparing yourself to Megan? She was sleeping around with Mark's brother too. Would you do that? Judging from the fire in your eyes, I know you won't. Enough with the fears . Enough of you doubting me." He grazed my chin with his thumb. "  I keep coming because I can't help it. You ease my breaths , Eleanor. You make it so easy to drift away and forget about the bad in my life—I give you my words , this is the last time we are talking."

×××××××××××