ฅ Chapter 9 ฅ

POV George

After going to bed for an early night yesterday, I wake up pretty early with Patches purring next to me. I see the sun barely rising through the blinds on the window, so I re-adjust and get comfy again with her.

As I move to gently pet her, she starts purring and nuzzling against my hand, causing me to purr with her in return.

It feels as though the AC definitely still hasn't been fixed, leaving me to depend on the ceiling fan for any bit of cool air I can get, and it feels a lot hotter than usual.

I yawn as I close my eyes once more again, ready to fall asleep at any second to the soft rumbling of purrs.

POV Dream

I woke up this morning at my usual time, getting out of bed and heading down to the kitchen to make some coffee. Occasionally I'll have a cup with Sapnap but that's only when he's up, and today is not one of those mornings. The AC is still broken so maybe today I'll go for some iced coffee instead?

As I exit my room and start to head down the hallway, I hear a slight purring coming from inside of George's room. Last night Patches wouldn't stop scratching at his door so I cracked it open to let her in, hoping he wouldn't mind.

I slowly push the door open and pop my head through the opening, I practically melt at the scene in front of me. George is curled against all six of his pillows, of course with his hood still on his head, with Patches pushed up against him and her head nuzzled up against his hand.

I smile softly as I see small huffs of breath exhale from his mouth, he looks so adorable when he sleeps. I step back and quietly pull the door closed a little more, still keeping it open in case Patches needs to come out, and head down the stairs to the kitchen.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

I was sat at the counter when Sapnap came out from his room, looking as tired as ever.

"When are we getting the AC fixed already?" he grumbled as he plopped down on the chair next to me.

"It should be tomorrow morning," I say as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Please tell me you're joking." he huffs out

"Unfortunately not. The company I always use has been backed up a bit, it seems as though we're not the only ones with a broken AC," I sigh.

Sapnap grumbles again and he drops his head down onto his arms, the counter feeling like the coolest thing in the house.

"You should open up the pool," he says, muffled through his arms. There actually is a pool in the backyard, but it's been closed since last year because no one really uses it. I already have all of the stuff to open and clean it, so maybe I should do that.

"That's not a bad idea, we just wouldn't be able to use it today since the chemicals and all."

I stand up and place my cup into the sink to clean later. I look up at the clock on the microwave and notice it's already 12pm.

"Where's George?" I say as I turn around to face Sap. He lifts his head up to look at the time, and then at me.

"I'm not sure, probably still sleeping?" He whips his phone out of his pocket and I can only assume he's either texting someone or he's on Twitter.

Exiting the kitchen, I head towards the stairs to go check on George. When I peek through his door again, I can still see Patches curled up next to him, and he looks as dead as ever.

I fully enter the room and walk up to the bed to gently wake George up. I lightly shake his arm as Patches sleepily looks up at me.

"George, it's time to wake up," I say softly as my hand rests on his arm. He groans quietly as he slightly sits up, pushing my hand off, only to turn over and lay back down facing away with me.

"C,mon George, it's already 12," I shake his arm again, just a tiny bit harder than last time.

"Just let me sleep," he whines sleepily as he swats my hand away. I sigh as I step away from him.

"If you don't wake up, I'm gonna get Sapnap in here," I cross my arms as I stand and wait a minute for a response. After getting none, I march out the door and straight downstairs.

"Sap I need you to wake George up for me." I stop in front of the counter and stare at him.

"Why? Is he not getting up?"

"Yup, he's being as stubborn as a cat." Sapnap stands up and slips his phone into the pocket of his basketball shorts. We both head up the stairs and I push the door open to reveal George laying on the bed, except this time he's burrowed more under the pillows. When I walked in the first time he already wasn't under the comforter, probably because of how hot it's been.

"GEORGE!" Sapnap yells as he jumps onto the end of the bed, "GET UP GOGY!" Patches flies off the bed and runs out of the room, clearly mad about the disturbance.

"Fuck off!" George screams muffled, covered by the pillow he grabbed to cover his head/

"No! Get up!!" Sapnap yanks the pillow away from him, but when George opens his eyes his pupils looked completely dilated, almost unnatural.

"I said fuck off!" he yells as he tries to swat at him, Sapnap blocking him with the pillow.

"Did you just try to scratch me again?!" he says as he backs off the bed. At this point, George has crawled under the comforter, hood still on as he tries to block us out. I stand straight from where I was leaning on the doorframe.

"Told ya," I say as I shake my head at Sap.

"What the hell is his problem?" he tosses the pillow back onto the bed.

"I have no clue, maybe we should just leave him to wake up on his own.." I open the door and Sapnap walks out. Taking one more peek at George, curled against the pillows, I slip out the door and close it fully behind me.

"That was weird," Sapnap says as we walk down the stairs.

"No kidding," I respond as he plops down to sit at the counter. "I'm sure he'll get up soon, in the meantime I'm just gonna get started on the pool."

"Alright, have fun with that." he waves me off as I open the backdoor.

I head over to the pool shed and yank it open with a bit of effort, dust flying around as the doors fly open. I cough a bit before reaching for all the chemicals and the stuff I'll need.

The sun glares down at me as I'm prying the cover off the pool, revealing slightly green water and a few dead lizards. I sigh as I set the rest of the cover down on the concrete.

For some reason I can't stop thinking about George and why he was like that. Why has he been so strange lately?

Is this what he's always like? I guess being with him in person is a bit more different then through a voice call, but it's still just so strange. Well, he's just strange.

I rip the lid off the bucket of chemicals I set down and toss it into the grass nearby, picking up the bucket and heading to the stairs in the shallow end of the pool.

Why were his eyes so dilated earlier? I mean I know that happens to everyone when it's dark, but there was sun literally filling up the room.

I slowly pour the bucket as I walk a lap around the pool. The white powder seeps into the green coloration of the pool, already slightly taking effect in cleaning.

I smile fondly, George really is something else.

(Word Count: 1369)

A/N: I don't actually really know how to clean a pool so... :)