Chapter 9: In new worlds, old enemies become new friends

I was walking through the sections of the library, putting back the books I took. I'm now 13, and although it doesn't seem like a lot, it felt like it. The game's events are rearing close, and I really don't know what to expect.

Alice is doing well, I tried guiding her the best I could, and it seems my efforts are not wasted, she's a very smart girl, after all.  I don't know what the Duke is planning, or if he's gonna propose the engagement any time soon.

My thoughts were interrupted by the doors to the library swinging open and rushed steps coming in my direction. I didn't have time to turn around when arms draped around my neck, as I was hugged from behind.

"Hi Al!" Ceil giggled. He let me go and i turned to look at him. He looked almost the same as he did the day I met him, except for his height, which is now taller than mine. I didn't have to look up at him when I spoke, but I know it's inevitable that he grows taller than me.

"Hello." I responded. Because of my non expressive face, it seems I've become less talkative. I don't view my face as something bad, it's great that I get to hide what I'm thinking.....but

"Why don't you sound happy to see me?" Ceil laughed once again, putting his arm around my shoulder. It seems my lack of expression is nothing on Ceil. I don't know how he does it, but he seems to be able to tell what I'm thinking, even if I say just one word.

If you're wondering why Ceil is here, it's because he's been coming over for the past 6 years, almost every few weeks. It seems us thee, Ceil, me and Alice, make quite the friend group.

Alice is currently living in the academy, yes, she's already enrolled. Its still 2-3 more year's for me. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. I want to be near Alice so I could watch over her, but I also don't want to be anywhere near the academy, since all the capture targets and the heroine are gonna be there.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Ceil. We were sitting in the library. Most of the time we just talked about anything or just read in silence.

"You're worried about Alice being in the academy, aren't you?" He smiled.

I nodded.

"Well we'll be enrolled in soon, you know? Honestly I can't wait, I want to wow everyone with my magic!" Ceil said, waving his arms.

Oh yeah. The three of us unlocked magic. Honestly, it's not anything special, I was really excited when I first started learning, but I soon realised you needed a lot of training and talents to be able to be good at magic, and I didn't want to put that much effort into something. I just practiced a few techniques in case of emergencies, and left it at that.

Ceil on the other hand, a genius, as usual. He could control 4 types of mana, his most proficient is water magic and his least is fire magic. Honesty, It sometimes feels overwhelmingly be next to that kind of genius and talent, but I feel relieved when he doesn't say anything about my shortcomings in magic and still is friends with me.

I still have a lot of time left, so there's no need to worry about the game events yet.