Chapter 61

Wednesday after classes, Elle was walking down the long halls when Olivia joined her, the two girls had not been spending a lot of time together recently as they both have been busy.

"Hey! I've been looking for you everywhere! Cedric, hm?" Olivia lightly teased, linking her arm with Elles.

"Yeah... he asked me to the ball the other day."

"I also heard that Fred confronted Cedric about it." Olivia told her as her eyes went wide and she stopped walking.

"What?" Elle asked as Olivia pulled her to the side of the hall.

"Yeah? I thought Cedric would have told you? That's what he was telling Luke and me when you walked into the common room yesterday." Olivia said, her brows furrowing with every word.

"Cedric didn't tell me anything..."

"Weird..." Olivia trailed off, now feeling bad for outing Cedrics conversations.

"Very. And either way, I've been avoiding Fred, to be honest." Elle sighed out as she leaned against the wall as Olivia's eyes went wide.

"Yeah... I've noticed." Fred spoke up from behind the blonde.

Elle turned around to look at Fred before looking at Olivia again, "Liv, I better go. I'll see you later."

"Not so fast. We need to talk, Elle. Now." Fred said, crossing his arms as she let out a sigh.

"Fine..."

"I'll see you later Elle." Olivia spoke, leaning in to quickly whisper, "Goodluck, you know where to find me if you want to talk after."

Elle sent her a grateful smile before turning to look at Fred, mocking his stance as she also crossed her arms.

"What do you want, Fred?" Elle sighed out.

"Why the hell are you going to the Yule Ball with Cedric Diggory of all people?" Fred asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Why are you going with Angelina?" Elle mocked as he now rolled his eyes.

"Is this what that's all about? You are jealous of Angelina and I? We are going as friends. You and Diggory however-" Fred started.

"I don't care, Fred! And frankly, I don't believe anything between you and Angelina is 'just friends'. You broke up with me, remember? Now you are mad that someone else is taking me to the ball? What did you expect? That I would sit around, crying, and wait for you to love me back?" Elle scoffed, knowing that she was somewhat lying as that's exactly what she was doing but she would never tell him that.

"Oh, come on Elle! It's not like that! It's not even a big deal, Angie and me." Fred tried to ensure her.

"Well, it is to me. You knew how I felt about you and her and she just happens to be the first person you run to after we break up? I'm sorry if you don't understand why I am upset but... I just need a break from us." Elle sighed, running her hands through her hair as she grew nervous.

"We are already broken up... what do you mean a break?"

"You broke my heart. I need space, Fred, space away from you..."

"Ellie... you don't mean that. We agreed to at least try and be friends, I can't have you not in my life at all... you can't be serious?" Fred sighed out.

"You wanted to be friends... I never agreed to that." Elle quietly pointed out.

"I care about you, Elle... I want you in my life. My entire family is coming to your house on New Year's Eve, what am I going to tell my Mum?" Fred whispered out.