Chapter 56 - Positions And Plans

---Only a couple more chapters left. Sorry for the wait! Hopefully this one doesn't have too many mistakes, cause it took forever to edit. Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day!---

WARNING: Things get a bit steamy in this chapter so if if you aren't comfortable reading I suggest you back away!

 I saw Liam swimming over in the corner of my eye, but Bretton held him back, probably thinking it was a joke. Before I knew it my whole body was under the water and I didn't have the strength to push myself back up. After around ten seconds of squirming I felt a pair of large arms wrap around my chest. I was brought to the top of the water. I gasped for air as my face pushed through. It was Liam that pulled me from the bottom of the water. He held me afloat as I buried my face in his chest. I was in shock, frightened of being in the water. I choked out some of the liquid that entered my lungs while Liam held me close. I felt like a baby being cradled in his arms.

"You weren't joking when you said the water didn't cooperate with you." He teased. I looked up into his eyes with pure fright dwelling mine. His smile soon faded and he held me tighter.

"I... I didn't know." Cortney spoke, holding her mouth. Everyone still had their eyes on me, only now in shock.

"The Harvey doesn't know how to swim?" Luke questioned in surprise.

"You shouldn't have tried to stop me." Liam turned his gaze to Bretton.

"I... Sorry man, I didn't know..." He apologized holding his hands up. I slowly regained composure of myself but I was still noticeably trembling.

"Would it be alright if I... maybe taught you how to swim?" He asked gently against my ear. I nodded, embarrassed in his chest. He held me tightly against him for awhile making me feel safe before starting the lessons. I hoped to be able to get the hang of this quickly since I'm a pretty fast learner, but the fact that even after all of my research on the subject I still wasn't able to swim.

I held onto his large palms as he held me above the water. We were practicing paddling first.  He gave me some pointers and I went from there. To my dismay I wasn't picking it up as fast as other skills. Cortney sat on the edge of the pool, watching me practice. I could see that she still felt bad for pushing me in. I assured her it was okay, since I wasn't injured or anything. The others started playing in the pool again soon after me and Liam began my training. Of course they were still worried about me though. They seemed to be in panic as I choked in Liam's arms. Hopefully after spending actual time in the water I wouldn't have to go through that again.

The smell of the seasoned burgers radiated through the afternoon air. Nova brought out the buns and sat some on the grill, that's uncommon. I was eager to try the juicy delicious looking burgers and the bright drink Clare had made. Lillian looked just as excited for the food as I. She continued chatting with Nova at the grill, wearing a look of bliss on her face. 

Liam was now teaching me how to stay afloat in the water. It wasn't too hard, with that said it sill did take a little while to get used to. He had me trying to swim from one edge of the pool to the other. He sat on one side with his arms wide open, with them inviting me in. I was determined to make it across, just so that I could be held by him once again. It took awhile with me barely managing to make it, but I didn't drown so that's a plus.

He wrapped his arms around me and ruffled my dark hair. I gave him a sheepish smile and cuddled in his glistening chest.

"Alright, the burgers are ready, come n get em kids." Nova announced. Everyone quickly exited the pool, leaving me and Liam there alone. As I was about to get out I remembered I was still in my white boxers so I glanced down and noticed the water had completely seeped through the fabric, slightly exposing my lower region. I let out a little gasp and Liam seemed to notice.