chapter 1 ╳ a simple one

The very beginning is quite cringed.

To say he was disappointed in how his books were from the beginning, would be a fact. He never liked how they started, and when they were published — people actually read them.

Kazuha's writing career started on a big platform at its time, where others could write their little hearts out, and if they felt brave enough — you could publish them out for others to read. Kazuha did just that, only at the age of 15, publishing his first book about a cliche plot.

It wasn't much, that's for sure, but soon he learned through the many weeb girl books he read. His vocabulary grew each time he came back to his cringe worth book, and to his surprise — it grew into a masterpiece. 

Everyone on the app was giving the book a go, thinking they would only read the first three chapters — but turns out they read the whole book.  Its popularity grew like wild fire, as the people kept coming. Kazuha took this into thought and started to edit some chapters, fix up anything that sounded like his fifteen self would write.

He was the age of 20 when he received some more feedback from world-known authors, as they passed some tips and reviews on the said book. Even telling or informing other authors to come give the book a try. Kazuha was forever in debt with how much kindness he got from his once cringe, cliche book — which now was a noticeable and entertaining read.

After five years of the app, he started to publish his books into paper print. He was well known in his home city, and as they say: he was ready to travel. He was ready to meet new and exciting adventures that could bring inspiration to his new books.

Traveling through the country, he landed himself in Liyue City, taking a break from his writing business. He had enough to take a vacation of some sort — so he bought himself a place to stay, and grew with the home. At the age of 23, he now stays home and keeps his business in check.

" So you're telling me; that you got an award for 'Vision' ?! " Shouted Xiangling, who was currently bunked at his place for the day. Xiangling is an award-winning actress, who won the best actress award for a movie she performed in last year. Well known indeed, even got free backstage tickets to L/YUE 's concert last month. She would've brought Kazuha, but of course, he declined.

" Yes, it did. It's quite stressful, but all in the most exciting ways. " He replied, Xiangling rolling her eyes slightly. " Oh please, stop with the poetic talk. But seriously — I'm proud Kazu! " She replied, walking up to the already standing male. He was working on their morning coffee, all while Xiangling was working on the meal they were going to have.

Xiangling got her career started from her being on a live cooking show. A lot of star cooks noticed her skills in the finals, which she landed as the winner of the whole thing, but she even got her first invite from a well-known chef.

So now, she was the cook in the place whenever Xiangling visited. Kazuha wouldn't complain, even if he was forced to, her cooking was extremely well and there should be nothing against it. He makes sure to eat every bite if she makes something, not wanting anything to go to waste. It would be like throwing away something that she worked hard to get, and then someone stole it. He would never want her to feel that-- not after all she has done for him.

" Thanks, Xiangling, but I don't know if I need to be more stressed, or thrilled ?" He asked, looking back towards Xiangling, as she was facing a different direction. He placed the coffee down at the dining table, all while bringing over the plates. Xiangling then turns around to face the other, bringing the food over. " Be a little of both. I was too when I got my first award, but in the end, it turned out fine. So now I don't stress as much. " she replied, taking a seat at the table. She took a sip of the coffee, her eyes sparkling. " Oooo! Kazuha! What kind of coffee is this !?" She asked, gulping down her next sip.

Kazuha, who was on the other side of the table, let out a chuckle. He looks up from his food, noticing the other chugging down her drink. " It's wishbucks coffee. I bought a pack of it yesterday. " He replied, as Xiangling's face dropped a bit. " Bro... I thought you made this. I was proud of you for nothing. " She replied, while the other was pretending to be hurt by such a statement. " Well, geez Xiangling! Next time I will just not buy it... " He replied, wearing a smile.

" So, now I have this question..?" Asked Xiangling, receiving eye contact from the other across from her.

" My agent just called and... "

He was starting to get a little concerned, from the way she was speaking in tone. She sounded.. lifeless? Depressed? But the next few words that came out of her mouth sounded like a complete nightmare— yet almost like a dream come true.

" — she told me that they want me to be in the latest project for 'visions' .. "