004

004

THE NEXT MORNING after breakfast, ivy decided to tell grover and percy about her dream. although reluctantly, since she was still angry at percy, and she wasn't going to stop until he apologized. she walked up to the poseidon table and yanked percy to his feet, signaling grover to follow them.

"princes– ow! since when are you that strong?! goddamn," percy complained until they reached their destination.

ivy glared at him, waiting for grover to catch up with them. "you didn't wake me up for dinner."

percy winced, tugging at the collar of his camp t-shirt while a blush creeped up his neck. "i was going to. but then i got to your cabin– you were sleeping and... you looked adorable so i kinda didn't have the heart to wake you up."

despite her anger, ivy felt butterflies on her stomach at his words. she opened her mouth to argue with him, but grover had already reached them. the brunette glared at percy, and said , "you ought me my chocolate," before turning to grover and explaining her dream.

they sat in the meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. the nymphs had promised to kiss the satyrs if they got caught, but they hardly ever did. usually the nymph would let the satyr get up a full head of steam, then she'd turn into a snow-covered tree and the poor satyr would slam into it head first and get a pile of snow dumped on him.

when ivy told grover and percy her nightmare, the satyr started twirling his finger in his shaggy leg fur. the son of poseidon gritted his teeth furiously, gripping tightly at riptide as if imagining how he was going to run luke through it.

"a cave ceiling collapsed on her?" grover asked.

"yeah. i don't remember any stories about ceilings... what could it mean?"

the satyr shook his head. "i don't know. but after what Zoë dreamed –'

"whoa," percy raised his hands in a pausing motion. "what do you mean? zoë and ivy had the same dream?" there was an emotion ivy had never seen on his face, she couldn't recognize it. it was anger, maybe frustration... but it had something else she couldn't pinpoint. it looked good on him.

"i... i don't know, exactly. about three in the morning she came to the big house and demanded to talk to chiron. she looked really panicked."

"and you know this because...?" ivy questioned grover with a raised eyebrow.

grover blushed. "i was sort of camped outside the artemis cabin."

"why?"

"just to be, you know... near them."

percy snickered, "you're a stalker with hooves."

"i am not! anyway, i followed her to the big house and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. she got really upset when argus wouldn't let her in. it was kind of a dangerous scene."

ivy tried to imagine that. argus was the head of security for camp – a big blond dude with eyes all over his body. he rarely showed himself unless something serious was going on. she wouldn't want to place bets on a fight between him and zoë nightshade.

"what did she say?" ivy asked.

grover grimaced. "well, she starts talking really old-fashioned when she gets upset, so it was kind of hard to understand. but something about artemis being in trouble and needing the hunters. and then she called argus a boil-brained lout... i think that's a bad thing. and then he called her –"