1.9

a/n : this chapter is courtesy of my desire to run away to italy and never look back : )

please react, comment, and vote!

✯✯✯

IF YOU WERE TO ASK SPENCER REBECCA BANNER WHAT THE STUPIDEST THING SHE'S EVER DONE IS - SHE'D BE QUICK TO THINK OF IT.

She'd hesitate to answer, of course, but she'd know that the truth is right there, right at the tip of her tongue. She'll know what's the stupidest thing, but she'll also consider how much fun it was! How much she totally didn't regret it.

(In the beginning.)

Said thing? Fleeing to Romania in the middle of the night.

Spencer knows, somewhere in her heart, she should probably feel a little guilty for leaving without so much as a phone call or a note. But the other half of her knows that she's spent the last 18 years of her life being as responsible and careful as she can - and look where it got her! Besides, all those avoided dangers and denial of regular teen activities had to pay in some time, right? This was just Spencer getting what she's owed.

"I don't understand how you're reading that," Spencer mumbles to Pietro. 

They're sitting at a little cafe in a little town that Spencer thinks she might know. She had months with the Winter Soldier, and weeks with Pietro that she can't quite fully account for - a lot of her memories hazed with fear.

But that fear's long gone! Because Spencer Rebecca Banner isn't in some HYDRA or SHIELD facility - she's not fighting to remember. She's not fighting - period.

Blue eyes peer over a little pamphlet, and Spencer's heart skips like she's never seen them before. "It's similar to Sokovian," Pietro answers her, a smile playing on his lips.

The sun is shining on Spencer and Pietro.

It's bright and golden and kisses their skin. And the breeze is perfect - Spencer, who's always terribly cold, thinks it's perfect weather. It's a perfect place. Everything is perfect.