Chapter 33

Nov., 8th; 2:32pm; San Francisco 

Mórrígan's POV

I sighed heavily, relaxing my muscles, and closed my eyes. "You have to act being in love with him again? Yuck." Yes, acting like I like him... which I totally don't. I grabbed his hand and he stood up. I looked him slowly up and down. He wore a black too tight shirt, which showed off his muscles. To hide his left arm, he wore a black/gray Blazer and a black glove. 

His pants also were black and he was still wearing his heavy boots. I caught myself multiple times looking at his chest and abs. "It's rude to stare, you know?" His voice snapped me out of my trance and made me look up at him, "I wasn't staring." I said quietly, and cleared my throat. 

"Okay. Ready asshole?" I asked him, grinning a bit. "Ready, weirdo." I took a deep breath, opened the door, still holding his left hand. 

I led him towards the dining table, we both sat down, and waited for my dad. "Do you need help?" I asked loudly, and he responded with a no. "Don't fuck this up, okay?" I whispered in Bucky's ear and he nodded. "Don't worry, doll." He whispered back in my ear, making me blush slightly, but not much. "A new nickname?" I asked, confused. "Yes. Don't get used to it, tho." Bucky answered and smirked. 

"You did not just blush, idiot." Venom sounded angry and confused because I usually don't do that. I was about to answer, when my dad entered the room with the cake in his hand. It had white frosting, and blue writing on top. It said: Happy Birthday, mom. We miss you!

There were two candles stuck in the cake, a 2 and a 0. They weren't burning, tho, since she can't blow them out anymore. "I hope it tastes good. That's the first time in forever I baked something." My father smiled sadly, while sitting down. 

My dad, Venom, and I sang silently Happy birthday, while Bucky just looked confused at us. "Why does the candles say 20?" He asked me confused after we finished singing. "It used to be a joke between me and my mother. When I was younger and asked how old she was, she always said she just turned 20." I laughed a bit.

"And where is she?" He asked, forgetting one important information about her. "Six feet under the ground." I answered, looking sad at my fingers. "Wow, that was dark." "Sorry." Bucky whispered and I nodded. 

"Who wants some cake?" My father asked, trying to light up the mood. "I would like some." I said, and held my plate out so he can place the cake easier on top. Then he gave James one and himself. 

"So, how exactly did you two meet?" My father asked, looking at us. I was just about to answer his question, but got interrupted by Bucky. "I had a meeting with Mr. Stark because of his business, and on my way to the meeting room I bumped into her. I helped her up and we started talking for a bit." He smiled, and ate another piece of his cake.

"Wow." Venom said, surprised how good James acting was. My father asked him some more questions, about his 'job' and he answered almost perfectly. "And when did you know she was the right?" Dad suddenly asked. I looked to my right, just to meet Bucky's  eyes. 

"She's special. Makes me happy, with her stupid jokes or when she is being sarcastic. And I can talk with her about everything without feeling like getting judged. Needless to say, that her beauty catches my eye every time she walks past me." He smiled, and it what he said felt... real. Like he meant it.

The 3 of us kept talking for a bit, but I just couldn't stop thinking about what Bucky just said. "I think her mother would have liked you. When Mórrígan was in the hospital-" My father started, probably to tell him a story, but I interrupted him. "Stop, Dad." I took a deep breath and grabbed the empty plates. 

"That's enough chit-chat." I said and walked towards the kitchen. I let the plates fall in the sink, and put my head in my hands. "I am sorry, sweetheart. I forgot-" I didn't let my Dad finish, and just stormed into my room.

Bucky's POV

I sat there, awkwardly, not knowing what to do. After like a minute, Mr. Brock stood up, and walked after her. I sighed and leaned against the chair. Suddenly, Morgan walked out off the kitchen and stormed into her room slamming the door shut. 

I jumped up from my chair, and walked towards her door. I hesitated, but knocked on it after a few seconds. "Go away, Dad." I heard her voice, sounding soft and hurt. "It's me. Mr. Asshole." I whispered. The door slowly opened, and I walked in. 

She crawled on her bed again, her legs crossed and holding a pillow. "What's wrong-" I asked, but got interrupted by her. "I had cancer." She almost whispered, looking at her hands. Staring at them, as if she was ashamed of something.

"What?"