Chapter Nineteen

Aster slowly pushed me away and took off his jacket, immediately wrapping me in its warmth

Aster slowly pushed me away and took off his jacket, immediately wrapping me in its warmth. My teeth chattered against each other and I pulled the jacket closer to me as I stuffed my hands in the pockets.

"Leo, give me your hat." I slowly raised my head to look at the man besides Aster who took off his hat and handed it to him.

Aster put the hat over my head, covering my red ears and then he bent down and picked me up. I buried my face in his chest that was covered by a dark red sweatshirt.

I breathed in his scent that I had missed so much and the comfort of that came with the cinnamon roll fragrance brought tears of relief in my eyes.

God, I missed him.

I didn't know how long we walked for, but with the cold taking over my senses it felt like an eternity.

When I finally heard the sound of a door opening and the nostalgic warmth of the cabin surrounded us I finally blinked my eyes open and pushed my head away from Aster's sweater.

Aster set me down on the couch and then he ran off towards the bathroom. I heard the water start to run and then I faced Leo who was staring at me. Leo was a bit shorter than Aster, with dirty blond hair and light brown eyes. He looked like he was a couple of years older than Aster.

Once he noticed my gaze on him he gave me a smile with an awkward wave. He started moving towards me and then he grabbed the blanket that was set on the couch and draped it over my shoulder.

"T-Thanks." I breathed out as I pulled the blanket closer to me.

Aster walked back out with a bucket of water that he set next to my feet. He grabbed them and gently slid the wet socks off and then he slowly placed my freezing feet in the hot water making me sigh in relief.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly as he sat next to me and grabbed my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over the red skin.

"D-does it l-look like I am o-okay?" I asked, my teeth still chattering.

I looked at him and suddenly all the memories came back to my fuzzy mind.

You should leave. There's no reason for you to stay any longer.

I pulled my hand away and pushed it back in his pocket and he frowned. "Hya-"

"No y-you don't get to act like what happened
d-didn't. I-I'm grateful t-that you found me and brought m-me here but don't you think y-you owe me an explanation?" I asked my voice hard but the hurt was evidently laced in my words.

"Uh-I'll just go to your room, man." Leo said to Aster and then he rushed to the room, closing the door behind him.

"I'm sorry." Aster mumbled.

"For what?" I asked hoarsely. "For making me fall for you and then throwing me away like nothing we did mattered? For hiding so much from me knowing what could have happened? For lying to me? For kissing me knowing you were never planning to keep me in your life?"