Mask

FLUFFY ANGST/ TW: SELF-HARM

You trudge through the halls, smiling cheerfully. You waved, said hello, and even laughed. But... It was all just a big show. The mask you wore was precious to you. You pretended to be happy. You pretending you weren't breaking inside more and more.

No one but your girlfriend had ever sensed something was up. She was very bright and observant. She knew you like the back of her hand. She could tell you were emotionally drained by the end of the day. Your positive front wasn't fooling her. But everytime she asked you if something was bothering you, you shook your head, smiled brightly, and said everything was fine.

You continued to wear that fake smile as you got to class, which had always started with Draco being a total bitch. "Oi! Blood-traitor!" You sighed, turning around. Draco smirked. "Does being stupid run in your blood? Or are you just special?" Your smile wanted to leave your face but you kept on smiling. Hermione was about to snap at Draco when he spoke again.

"You're so stupid if you think Hermione actually loves you! As if anyone could EVER love such a foolish girl. Well, they can love your pretty face, but then again, that's all you are, isn't it?" Your perky smile immediately faded. You felt your eyes sting with tears as you ran to the bathroom.

You locked yourself in a stall. The bathroom echoed as you filled the empty space with sobs. You rolled up your sleeve and took a piece of broken glass that you kept in your pocket. You stared at your scarred wrists and arms. Right as you cut a small line on your arm, frantic steps filled the bathroom.

"Y/N!!" She immediately found your stall and unlocked it. The sight she was welcomed with broke her heart. She stared at your arms and gently pulled you into her arms. "Baby... Why didn't you tell me?" You cried into her neck. "I-I didn't want to bother you." 

Hermione looked at you softly as you drew your head back to meet her eyes. She spoke, her voice just above a whisper. "Love, you could never bother me." She kissed you softly, her kiss full of love and comfort. 

You felt yourself melt into Hermione, letting yourself free from your burden. You felt so free in your lover's arms. You knew that, no matter how hurt you felt, Hermione would always be here. And even though you doubted it often due to your own opinion of yourself, that Hermione would always love you, genuinely and with all of her heart.

A/N: fluff end.