Game Over ~ Ch68

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

My heart stopped the moment those words left Todo's mouth and I could tell Satoru felt the same by the shell-shocked look on his face. He didn't want to believe it-or rather he couldn't believe it. Satoru probably had a feeling all along but he didn't want to admit it to himself. I could tell by every raw emotion he was radiating right now, that he just had no idea what do next.

"Don't you have anything to say, traitor?" Todo sneered, stepping just slightly closer to me and surpassing Gojo who was stood dead still. Gulping, I looked down at my shaking fingers on what to say. Could I lie? But what kind of lie was possibly even close to sufficient in this scenario? They had probably all heard my worried cry for Hanami and there was no possible way to explain how I knew the spirit's name or why I was worried for it.

"It's true, isn't it?" Gojo asked me with a monotone voice. His fist were clenched at his sides as he spoke and a dark shadow covered his face. My lips trembled as they parted. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to lie anymore. I wanted to be free from this cage of lies and secrets. Why couldn't I just be open about wanting a better life for me and Sukuna?

"I watched you...with that blonde curse user earlier. He was looking for a fight when he saw you...But it was like that when he took a good look at you, he realised who you were and left you alone to fight Utahime. It was because you both are on the same side." Gojo spoke, sounding as if he was talking to himself more than me, realising the truth as he spoke.

"T-That's...I..." Only gibberish came out of my mouth as I tried to deny his statements that I no longer wanted to deny. I just wanted to admit everything to them. It hurt too much to keep this all to myself. So why don't I just admit it?
"And then there's your fight with Maki. There was something you must have done that made her so mad. Then you used a cursed technique against her that nobody knew you had and I still can't figure out what it is." The silver head muttered.

"I think that that all is proof enough to detain her. She clearly isn't gonna answer shit now anyway. " Todo told Satoru before marching over to me with angry strides. I gasped as he forcefully grabbed my arm and tugged me towards him. Todo twisted my arm painfully so that I was unmoving behind my back. Pulling me infront of him, he put his other bloody hand on my shoulder and held me in place.

His hands were both dripping blood, curtesy of his fight with Hanami and constantly punching as his attacks. The harder he gripped me, the more strain on the cuts on his knuckles which caused fresh blood to drip down them. I was disgusted by the sight of his bloody smudge on my shoulder and even more do by the line of blood that was slowly dripping from his fingers to my skin.

"Don't be so rough with her. We don't know if she really is the traitor." Utahime said, coming foward from her previous spot further down the field. At least she empathised with how much Todo's grip hurt. Todo instantly rolled his eyes at his teacher's worry, not understanding why she was trying to be so understanding.
"She is. Gojo's words confirmed that fact." Todo told her, his grip on me tightening which made me wince half-heartedly.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't even focus on my situation right now. The drop of blood sliding down my chest was too distracting. Something inside me was telling me that it was all okay and all I had to do was wait. So I waited. I watched that drop of blood get closer and closer to my heart, waiting anxiously as if something was going to happen. And it did.

I didn't expect anything to happen. Really. But the moment that drop of blood reached the space over my heart and sunk into my black markings, I knew that what was going to happen next would change everything.