Chapter 29

"I tear my heart open,
I see myself shut.
My weakness is that,
I care too much."

JENNIE

I went to the gym because someone relayed a message to me saying that Lisa is waiting for me there. I planned on giving her a chance to explain today. I know it was immature for me to just walk out and not fix what's bent. But I was really hurt that time and I wasn't able to help it.

I felt heavy footsteps from behind and it made me nervous. But to my surprise it wasn't her, it was Mino who smelled like a reek of alcohol. I was caught off-guard when he leaned closer for a kiss. Luckily I was able to turn my head and his lips landed on my cheek.

We both looked ahead when we heard a soft thud.

It was Lisa.

She saw us.

She saw everything.

But before I could call her name, she already ran away. I tried to run after her but Mino held my arm.

"How dare you!" I slapped him hard and because he was drunk, he fell on the ground.

"You better search for a new school to enroll next semester because this school will not accept you anymore," I warned him in my cold tone.

I picked up Lisa's phone and searched for her but she was gone already.

LISA

Thailand

A vacation is what I need that's why I decided to visit my home country. I wasn't able to sleep for weeks but now I can slowly get back to myself even though there are times that I just stare from afar and space out.

It still hurts.

Everytime that scenario visits my mind, it still hurts me. I decided to cut my communications as I spend my vacation here. I never opened the internet nor my social media accounts. I really tried my best not to do so because I know that if I see something, it will just make me lose my mind again.

"Lisa-yah eat this," Sunmi called as she put the barbeque on a plate. We are currently stargazing at our rooftop.

Sunmi is my childhood friend. She's like a sister to me. She's a well-known singer in Korea but she grew up here in Thailand.

"Thanks Mi," I replied as I take a bite of the food that she offered.

"How was school?"

"Nothing new. I'll be graduating next year. You better prepare my gift."

"Here's your gift!"

"Where?" I looked closer if she really has something but I found nothing.

"Right here," she pointed herself.

"Me."

"Your fans might kill me you know. I still want to live," I said jokingly and it made her laugh.

"So, why are you in Thailand? As far as I know your parents are in Macau for a business trip."

"I heard you have a concert here that's why I came."