Chapter 29

MATAPOS NILANG puntahan ang shop na pagmamay-ari ng kaibigan ni Ruckus na si Kleeve ay naisipan nilang mag tingin-tingin pa bago kumain ng hapunan sa isang restaurant.

When the three of them suck at cooking then they really are stuck at just ordering food in the restaurants. Sunset inwardly sighs. She really has to learn how to cook for this two. They can't just all the time order food.

"What are you thinking?" Bulong sa kanya ng binata na nasa tabi niya. Kaharap naman nila si Death na may kinakalikot sa cellphone nito.

"I'm thinking of learning how to cook. You spend so much money on our food and the groceries in your house always end up in your orphanage because we don't touch it aside from the eggs," she replied and comfortably lean against her chair while her legs are crossed over the other and Ruckus left hand was resting on her lap, playing with her fingers.

"That's not a bad idea, just make sure it will be edible and my kitchen will not need renovation." He smirked, eyes teasing.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure your kitchen will survive another year before you will have to restore it, and hopefully by that time I already know how to cook."

"Reading between the line, I'm hoping that means you're staying, ma chérie?" He asked, his voice became serious and when she looked at his eyes it was hopeful.

Sunset sighed and stared at Death. "I decided to stay in your house until the end of the deal. Then I'll rent an apartment and look for a job here in the Crown. Maybe in your company, a janitorial job is fine as long as it could cover my monthly expenses. Wala naman kasi akong pinag-aralan eh."

"You can stay at my house, ma chérie. And you can be my... sexytary," he proposed, winking and grinning like a fool.

Pinitik niya ang noo nito saka umiling. "Ruck, that's unethical to stay in your house without valid reasons-"

"Is what we have not enough reason for you to stay? You're Death's mom, isn't your job to be there for him?"

"I'll be around and make sure to be a present mom figure for Death-"

"How about to me?" He asked, his tone becoming cold and distant.

Pareho na silang nakatingin ngayon kay Death na tahimik lang at walang pakialam sa paligid.

"What am I to you anyway, Ruck?"

"Can't tell you what unless you tell me you love me."

Sunset tsked, rolling her eyes. "I can flatly tell you I love you, Ruck, and it could mean two things- I want to fool you or it's really what I feel. Do not hold on to my words but to my gesture. I fooled a lot with my words so you shouldn't trust it."

Bumuga ito ng hangin bago binawi ang kamay na nasa kandungan niya at ipinatong ang dalawang siko sa mesa at kinausap si Death.

"Death, do you think Sunset would lie to us?" Bigla nitong tanong kay Death na ikinataas ng isang kilay ni Sunset.

Death looked at the two of them then sighed before hiding his phone inside his pocket to give his attention to her and Ruck.

"Mom would lie when it's necessary but I don't recall a time when she lied to us but she does keep a lot to herself," sagot nito.

Binalik ni Ruckus ang tingin sa kanya. "I believe you will not fool me so, I'll just wait until you're ready to say you love me."

"The confidence in you is mind-blowing, mon chéri," Sunset quipped, shaking her head then bent forward to rest her chin on his shoulder, drawing their faces together. "But I'm confident with one thing, Ruck." She smiled, running her forefinger from his forehead to the top of his nose. "You love me."