Chapter Nineteen

I don’t know if these kinds of chapters interest people or not? The ones to do with the media, premieres for movies and stuff...let me know, because I’m not very objective! Oh! and another thing! If you’re American you may not know what a ‘Half Term’ is? It’s basically a small vacation we have in the middle of a term... :) 

   “Sacha, don’t!” I squealed as I tried to wriggle away from my friend as she tried to untie my shoe laces. I pulled my feet up onto the sofa and hugged them close to me but Sacha continued the attack, poking me in the side and making me squirm. “Please,” I forced out through hysterical laughter, “please!” I urged, and as I said it, my phone began to ring. 

   “Time out,” Sacha sympathized, sitting back down on the floor, leaning against the warm radiator. I stood up and went to get my phone from my bag, pressing accept and holding the phone to me ear. 

   “Hey,” I smiled, a little out of breath, pacing around the other end of the classroom, as my friends continued to chatter constantly. They had grown more accustom to my new life, at first, every time someone rang me, the whole room would fall silent, just in case it was Kit checking in. 

   “Hi there, I just wanted to ring about the rehearsal this Sunday?” Jimmy and I had been speaking more and more often, and meeting up to write songs which we could try out at the rehearsals with Seb and Patrick.  

   “Yes! I was going to call you guys,” I replied, “I can’t actually do this Sunday,” I grimaced, “it’s half term next week and Kit’s taking me to LA for a premiere and stuff.” 

   “Oh, just casual then,” Jim laughed. 

   “Just the usual,” I giggled. 

   “Well, that’s fine, I was going up to London with Laurie anyway,” he explained. “I’ve been writing more though, I did a rough recording of a few and was going to email them to you? So you could have a listen and if you like them learn the words and stuff?” 

   “Yeah, definitely,” I agreed. “But, you know, you should sing some Jimmy,” I urged. 

   “No, I don’t have as good a voice,” he disputed. 

   “Yes you do!” I persisted, “I think it would be cool to have a male and female lead, it would make us stand out a little.” 

   “I’ll think about it,” he retorted. 

   “Thank you,” I grinned, “I’ve actually got to go now, I think Kit’s going to be picking me up in a little while.” 

   “Fine, it’s the London premiere tonight, right?” Jimmy remembered correctly, “I’ll watch it on TV,” he chuckled. 

   “Wow, thanks,” I giggled, “tweet nice things about me on the band page, maybe then we can get a buzz about us,” I suggested. 

   “Okay, good plan,” he said, “I’ll try my best, my darling.” 

   “Cool, see you soon,” I blew him a kiss and he hung up the call. 

   We had been rehearsing for the past couple of weeks, making real progress, becoming more cohesive as a group. It was hard thinking up a name, partly because Patrick was so bloody difficult. It was me, in the end, that came up with something we were all happy with, but, once more, I knew it would fit better if Freddie were here with us. 

   We were The Lost Boys. It had a magical quality, like Peter Pan, as if we would never grow up, but it was ironic too, considering the fact, I, the lead singer, was a girl. Jimmy had fixed us up with a twitter and facebook page and added all of his friends, who then added all their friends and so on. Kit had tweeted us, causing a huge amount of his followers to then follow us. It was pretty good going for a band who had never played a live show, or released a single, let alone an album.