Controllers and commitment

Noah got back home from work early. As he walked into the building he decided to check his mail. He wasn't one to get packages but he made it a point to check every couple weeks.

As he walked up the stairs he ran through the papers in his hands. Bills, insurance, the hospital more bills and a wedding invitation. Noah and Nate were friends in highschool, he had followed his dream to become a singing a while back which kept him from going to college, the last Noah heard he fell in love with a Muslim girl. He walked into his apartment reading the invitation as he did.

Celebrate the bond between Nate and Aisha.
When : June 21st 2022
Where : the Bahamas
Who: plus ones are invited
The bride and groom hope to see you there.

Noah was excited to go to his wedding. He always thought out of the 5 of his friends he'd be the first to get and stay married, but as it turns out he is divorced and dating another divorced women his best friend has been married for god knows how many years and Nate is engaged. It's shocking how fast life goes.

"Yo bros what are you gonna be when you grow up?" Noah asked stuffing his face with potato chips. Noah, Nate and Bryce were hanging out in Nates basement. It was the last day of freshman year and Noah was wondering we're all his friends stood.

"I'm gonna play soccer for the rest of my life no question." Bryce answered confidently. " I'm gonna be a singer bro." Nate answered still looking at the screen in front of them, he was in the middle of a game of call of duty.

"I really want to get my music career started." "That's dope bro, I'm proud of you." Bryce said looking over at him.

"What about after that, like when you get married ?"

"I'm never getting married." Bryce said laughing. "Too much commitment for something that doesn't even last."

"What do you mean doesn't last?"

"Everyone gets divorced bro, there's no such thing as a health marriage."

Nate nodded

"Bryce is right, imma stay single forever, making music and doing tours and shit."

"Oh." Noah looked at both of his friends.

"Wait so you guys don't believe in love?"

"Hell na." Nate said putting the control down after losing and grabbing a handful of chips.

"It's a waste of time."

"Yea, yea your right." Noah said grabbing the controller and starting a new game.