Lost home, lost heart, lost loved one.

Noah didn't know how to start the conversation. How was he supposed to tell his girlfriend, the one he loved dearly that her mother; someone she had a questionable relationship with, was here. At their home. She wasn't asleep when he walked into the bedroom.

"Hi my love." Noah said suspiciously. Dixie knew something was up. She could tell, just by the way he was approaching her something was wrong.

"What do you want?" She asked questionably.

"You can't be mad."

"What did you do?"

"It's not my fault-" Noah said in an attempt to justify his reason for her mother showing up.

"Noah." She looked at him with "those" eyes. The ones that say "bitch tell me want you did before I slap you." Noah had no intention of getting on her bad side especially in the morning.

"Babe, I need you to get dressed, than come outside in the living room, we have a visitor that you may or may no-"

Before he could finish his well thought out sentence she ran, out their bedroom door and stared at the women sitting on the couch.

She didn't recognize her, not at first. Maybe because she hadn't seen her in years, maybe because she tried hard to forget her mother, maybe because she had no intention of speaking to her.

"Mom" she said slowly, walking toward the unknown women quietly.

"Dixie, finally I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life with this dimwit, divvy, imbecile of a man." She eyed Noah up and down like he was some kind of lost puppy. Like it wasn't also HIS home she just walked into.

"Mom please-"

"Where's Griffin? I've been dying to see him, have you talked about children yet, oh how I'd love a grandchild or two. I want to have dinner with you too night.. how long will your friend be staying? I don't want to be rude but I want to know when to make reservations." She said taking out her phone

"Mom-"

"You know the name of that place down the street from here? I saw it when I walked by.. cha-chap-chipotle I think it is."

"MOM!"

"Yes dear?"

"Griffin and I are divorced."

"What-wh-why No you too are perfect for eachother."

"Mom we talked about this, I didn't love him the way you did."

"But you guys were in love I saw it."

"Mom, this is Noah my.."

Dixie hesitated, she knew what her mom would say if she said "boyfriend."

"My fiancé."

She looked at Noah quickly to see his expression. Her mother wasn't a topic she enjoyed discussing as it had a lot of unspoken facts that play into it.

"He's- no.. Dixie what did you do?"

"Mom I didn't do anything."

"Yes you did you had to have done something otherwise you two would still be together."

"Mom." She helped her mom back to the couch. Allowing her support to sit back down.

She started crying than, Dixie held her mother in her hands trying not to cry with her. She knew what this was about. Her mother has Amnesia and depression. She tends to forget the people a memory is about and because of that she has a false idea of what reality is. Dixie told her mother about Griffin. Dixie knew her mother was talking about her father. When she was growing up no one knew what her mother had been struggling with, she never told anyone not till her depression started getting worse and her memory was fading. Dixie never hated her mother. She hated herself. For not seeing it sooner, for not noticing the pain she was going through. This resentment tied into a lot of her actions and eventually her and her mother lost contact. However the reason her father is dead isn't because of natural causes. It was because her mother forgot him, she thought he was her ex husband and he couldn't take it and ended up committing suicide. No one talks about it though and no one of Dixies friends besides Griffin knows that story. But now. Sitting here on her brand knew couch. Her mother in her arms and her boyfriend watching her. Everything is coming back.

And it's killing her.

"Why aren't you guys together, you were perfect, remember when he used to take you to those drive in movies and you would snuggle up in his jacket and kiss under the stars."

Dixie cried and held her mother tighter.
"That wasn't me and Griffin mom, that was you and dad."

"Oh yes, your father have you talked to him. I saw him before I left this morning he made me pancakes and we talked about you. You should call him sweetie he's missed you. Remember he's getting old, he wants to talk to his little girl. You know while he still has the chance." Her mom said. Hope filled her eyes and Dixie broke down, not being able to hold herself together. Noah walked over to them at this point sitting next to his girlfriend and holding her close as a way to make her feel. Safe, heard.

"Mom.." Dixie started not being able to hold in the waterfall that was about to explode in her eyes.

"Dads dead."