coping mechanism

"Good morning my love." Noah said with a smirk as he pulled his girlfriend closer to him on their bed.

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah. A bit I-"

Dixie was interrupted by Noah's phone as it was practically ringing off the nightstand.

"It's okay." Dixie said encouraging him to take the call.

Noah let out a small smirk before filling his hand with his phone and flipping it over to check who the call was coming from.

He smiled after looking down at the device, answering the call and putting it on speaker.

"Hey man how have you been."

Dixie heard Nicks voice on the other end of the call and smiled. Sitting up on their bed in interest.

"hey i'm good, Dixies here."

"Hey dix, I miss y'all I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever."

"We miss you too." Dixie said.

"Madison is dying to take you shopping for your new apartment." Nick said laughing.

"It's true when I heard you two moved in together i couldn't wait to see the layout. Have you gotten furniture yet?"

Noah and Dixie smiled when they heard Madison's voice on the other line.

"Yeah we have a bit of furniture nothing is too our initial liking yet. but we love it and we're excited." Noah said answering her question.

"You guys should come down, give you a chance to see the place."

Noah gave Dixie a worried look. She was dealing with a lot. Was it the best for her to right now to have 2 extra people to entertain.

"it's okay." Dixie mouthed when she saw Noah's face. She needed to distract herself right now. She didn't have time to wollow on all the reasons her mother was hurting her and intern Dixie was hurting herself. She didn't want to do that. She wanted to be with friends.

That was her coping mechanism.

Noah didn't argue with her. If she thinks she can handle it than she can.

"Really we would love to come see y'all, when are you thinking."

"How about tomorrow?" Dixie said even more excitement in her voice.

"yes yes we'll be there yes." the couple heard Madison jump for joy.

"Nick?"

Noah said making sure both of them were on board.

"I guess we'll see you tomorrow."