seven.

{same outfit as previous chapter}

History & Beer

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Rebekah stared at the book that Elliot had given her. She debated whether or not she should read it. As Elliot had told her, it was her choice. She could either read or not read it.

Part of her wanted to know more about the first and only friend she had made in this godforsaken town. Her curiosity was sparked once she saw the metal arm that Elliot had. There were secrets that Elliot had no doubt, but would reading the book she had given her really make it any better?

And that led to the other part of her. The part that didn't want to read the journal. The part that wanted to respect her privacy and let the secrets that she kept within stay secret. She felt as if opening up the book would release a multitude of questions along with the answers she would be getting.

The book seemed like Pandora's Box.

But in the myth...the temptation of opening the box was consuming. And mixed with the curiosity that Pandora had when she had the box in her possession, she couldn't resist. It was overwhelming and all consuming. And that was what led Pandora to not heed the warnings she had been given.

And she opened the box.

Releasing a spew of secrets. All the sickness and death and all the other secrets that weren't meant to be released. That wasn't meant to be out in the open.

And just like Pandora, Rebekah gave in to the temptation and she opened the book.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Elliot was sitting at the foot of her twin-sized bed on the floor. Her knees were tucked to her chest as her head was leaning against the mattress behind her. Her gaze was looking straight into the mirror that had rested lazily on the carpeting of the floor, leaning against the crane colored walls in front of her bed.

The dark hazel eyes that always held confidence and lack of emotions, now stared back at her through her reflection. But no longer were they held with her once strong façade, they were hollowed and broken.

Sobs raked through her body until all that came out was breathless chokes of sadness and silent tears that seemed to endlessly fall from her eyes.

Her gaze then fell from staring back at her dreary eyed reflection to the scars on her body. She may have had a faster healing than most, but more recent injuries marked her body.