Chapter - 15 I let you down

Raine Simmons - Blackwood

"Your majesty?"

"Your majesty!!" I yelled as I barged in through the door. Dodging the lit door frame, I passed through the kitchen and into the bedroom.

Tears mixed with sweat from the heat rolled down my cheeks at the very thought of losing him.

My skin felt like burning. It made me forget that it was just a sudden sensation of what he was feeling at that moment, combined with mine.

"Your majesty?" I saw him lay low on the ground, struggling to crawl out of the cabin.

He almost reached the door connecting the kitchen when he fell unconscious. As the bedroom was the first to burn down, he must have inhaled too much smoke.

There was smoke everywhere heavily draping everything. With all my strength I made him stand up.

I shifted his weight completely onto me, putting his arm around my shoulder. His head was dangling down, eyes barely open as I took him out dodging the pieces of broken wood now and then.

I slipped him out and gently placed him on the ground after wrapping my jacket around him.

"Oh god!! Your majesty?"

"Your majesty?" I caressed his cheeks gently with my thumbs. His face turned red from all the scorching heat. "Please look at me."

He was lying there, immobile with his eyes closed. I slowly made myself seated beside him as I placed his head on my lap, caressing his hair.

The burns on his arms weren't too much, but a burn is a burn. Thankfully I was in time. I didn't want to think about later if at all I didn't reach in time.

What should I do now?

My phone?

I checked my pockets as well as his. I sighed inclining to the tree, not finding any.

Suddenly I heard a cough. I carefully wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

"Your majesty, are you okay?" I asked with uncertainty.

He continued coughing harder and harder without bothering to answer with a slight nod too.

Would it be okay if I try to heal him myself? Would he accept if I do it?

He would have certainly wished me to take him to a nearby hospital. But what if we reach late?

Many questions ran throughout. But as if my legs had a mind on their own, I downed him safely and stood up.

Fuck it! It would be better if take him to the hospital.

I cast a protection shield before I left him there.

-------

"Raine?"

I heard someone call me. I wiped off my tears as I craned my neck only to meet a pair of alluring blue eyes, except that they were glossy.