Takashi // Play Pretend

"I swear to god! My family is a lunatic!" I said as I pace back and forth in my room.

"Relax Y/N" My friend laughs at the other line. "I'll send you the contact number."

"Thank you, Kira! You're a big help!" 

"You're welcome. I have to go, My shift is about to start!"

"Okay, Bye!" I said as I end the call. I throw my phone to the bed and run my hand to my face, My family is expecting me to bring my boyfriend to my brother's engagement party this weekend but the problem is I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND!

I lied to them about that. Why you ask? It's because I found out that they are planning my marriage. Yes! Fixed marriage. In this modern-day, My wonderful family still chose to practice that tradition and I don't want to be part of that so the solution I thought is to tell them that I'm pregnant with my boyfriend's baby and Now they are pressuring me to bring him.

If only I could bring my 2d husbandos to them I will! But I need a 3d man so my friend Kira gave me a number of his friend that I can rent to be my fake boyfriend.

I message him to make a deal and he agrees, 1,000 yen per hour and it's fine. As long as I escape that fixed marriage.

*********

Saturday has come and we're about to go to my brother's engagement party. I asked him to meet me at 9:00 am so we can have enough time to rehearse the answers to the possible questions my parents will ask him.

I arrived at the meeting place at 9:10 I'm ten minutes late thanks to the traffic. "He said he's wearing a black polo shirt and has a long lilac hair." I scan the place, I saw a man in a black polo shirt with long silver-lilac hair.

"That's him!" I march towards him and pull his wrist. "We don't have time! Let's go."

"Hey, miss! I'm eating."

"Shut up. I'm paying you 1000 yen per hour so don't complain." I said as I continue to pull him. He didn't respond. When we reach my car I gave him a piece of paper.

"What's this?" He asked tilting his head to the side. His expression is like he found this whole situation amusing.

"That's the possible questions my parents will ask you. All you have to do is memorize the answers that are written there." I said. he quickly read it.

"Wait, are you pregnant?" He asked as he scans my body. I'm wearing a tight dress.

"No! idiot. I just told them that I'm pregnant and you're the father."

"What?!"

"Oh my god! I can't..." I paused to calm myself. "We already talked about this! you'll pretend to be my boyfriend and I am pregnant with your child so I can escape my family's plan of fixed marriage."

"Ohhh..."

"Remember now?"

"Yeah... Yeah... And you'll pay me right?"

"Yes! 1,000 yen per hour."

"Okay! Let's go!" He said smiling. He's not bad looking as I thought he would be. His droopy lavender eyes are so attractive.

******

I am now driving and he's reading the paper I gave him. He's been quiet for a while now. 

"I have to warn you, My father might chase you with a machete for getting me pregnant."

"Your... what?" He look at me, eyes wide.