Fourth Year // Chapter 19

I walked through the crowded seat and found a spot right next to Neville. I barely got sat down when the champions started walking out, and the band began to play. I stood up and cheered with everyone else as Cedric, Krum, Fleur, and Harry all came walking into the pitch.

"Earlier this evening, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup within the maze. Only he knows where it resides." Dumbledore spoke loudly. I felt Neville squeeze my hand as the Champions lined up outside the maze. "As the scoring is close, the first to touch the Cup will become the first Triwizard Champion in River one hundred years!"

Harry and Cedric were tied so they were going in together, followed by Krum, then Fleur. As Cedric and Harry disappeared through the tall maze bushes my heart skipped a few beats. I had caught a glimpse of Ced's face and it was full of pure and utter terror.

That's when I heard Mum calling down the row. I looked and saw her waving me over. I sighed and dragged Neville with me down the row to be with my family. I didn't even get a chance to say anything before Bill pulled me down into the seat between him and Mum.

"BILL!" I yelped as my butt hit the hard wooden seat. 

"Sorry, but I had to fight Ron for you to sit by me!" Bill said flashing a big brotherly smile. I sighed as a smile grew on my face. I leaned over and hugged him tightly.

"How was Cedric before the task?" Mum asked patting my leg. "Harry was quite nervous, I never got the chance to talk to him."

"He's a bit worried ..." I said hoping she wouldn't hear my blatant lying voice.

"Lorrinda Maye, I KNOW when you are lying!" Mum spoke sternly. "Now, honestly, how was Cedric feeling?"

"Honestly? He was terrified! I've actually never seen him cry, or even tear up before, and he was crying as he hugged me before walking in here." I explained. "I know he's got everyone rooting for him and all, but ... something is telling me this is not going to go the way we hope for it to go."

"I'm sure you're just nervous, Lori!" Mum patted my cheeks. "Just put on a happy face." She sang to me. I chuckled lightly as she hummed a small tune while messing with my hair. 

Before we knew it, an hour had gone by and Fleur was getting escorted out of the maze. She'd gotten attacked, and was very shaken up. Bill pardoned himself before rushing down to talk to her. I heard both Ginny and Mum groan as he walked down there. 

"Great, a Veela!" Mum exclaimed.

"She better not lay a hand on Bill or I swear!" Ginny spoke cracking her knuckles. 

"Calm your hippogriffs!" I said to them. "Can't he be interested in a woman?"

"Yes. Just NOT a Veela!" Mum hissed. I groaned as I rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe my own mother was so against Bill having a crush on Fleur. I doubt she was even a full Veela! 

Another hour had passed, and Krum was now out of the maze. He had apparently gotten imperioed, which made me get more anxious for Cedric to come running out of that maze. With every passing minute, I was getting more and more scared and worried. 

Suddenly, in a flash, Harry AND Cedric appeared together on the field. I didn't even get a chance to cheer before I got attacked in hugs from my friends. I started to cry tears of joy as the band started playing and everyone was clapping. 

"AAAHHHHHHHH!" Fleur screamed. I shoved my friends and family out of my way and got a good solid look at Harry and Cedric. Fleur kept screaming, as I stared down. Harry was sobbing over Cedric ... and Cedric ... 

He wasn't moving. I swayed as I stared down at the field. I quickly shoved people out of my way and begun to make my way down. Fred came over and grabbed my shoulders.