11. Cake for Desert

Around lunch time you hear commotion coming from the kitchen. You put down your book and leave your room to see what's going on.

"Bucky stop! You can't put a raw egg in the microwave!" you hear Steve yell.

"But I want to see what happens," Bucky whines. "I want to know if it'll cook in its shell like a boiled egg, but faster."

"Dude, we're baking a cake, not conducting a science experiment," Sam replies. "Now is not the time for making hypothesis's."

You walk into the kitchen to see the three of them wearing aprons, Bucky and Sam's covered in flour and Steve standing looking extremely over with everything.

"Are you baking a cake?" you ask.

"I'm trying to but these idiots won't shut up," Steve sighs.

"Hey, Y/n! Do you know what would happen if you put a raw egg in a microwave?" Bucky exclaims, throwing a towel behind him.

"It explodes, just like the towel you just threw on the oven will," you answer, making Bucky jump away from the oven and into Sam's arms. "Okay, I'm kicking you two out, you're going to start a fire and not the fun kind. Steve, I'll help you with the cake."

"Thank you Y/n," Steve says in relief.

"Are you really going to let them kick out your boyfriend?" Bucky says, in shock.

"Yes, in fact I'm going to help them," he says pushing Sam and Bucky out of the kitchen. "If either of you step foot into this kitchen you won't get any cake."

The two nod, pouting.

"Alrighty Cap, what do you need me to do?" you ask, tying an apron around your waist.

"Whisk the liquid ingredients as I pour in the dry ingredients?"

You nod and start whisking the egg, butter and sugar mixture as Steve pours some of the flour mixture into the bowl. You continue to whisk after he's done, and after it's mixed enough he starts pouring in milk a a little bit of vanilla extract.

"Mix this last bit with the spatula," Steve says, handing you one.

"Got it," you say grabbing it.

Steve slowly pours in the last of the flour mixture into the bowl and you stir it until its evenly mixed.

"Thanks, that's it! Bucky and Sam already helped me make the icing," Steve says.

"Nice. Is this for desert tonight?" you ask, untying your apron.

"Yep," he answers, as he pours the batter into a large round pan.

"Can you cut enough pieces so Loki can have one? I think that would be fourteen slices."

Steve looks up from the pan, and smiles. "Of course."

"Thank you!" you say. "And feel free to ask me to help you bake cake anytime. Those two are a fire hazard."

He laughs. "I'll keep that in mind, thank you Y/n."

"No problem," you smile, before leaving the kitchen and going back to your room. Your book sat on your bed waiting. You pick it up and continue where you left off. Loki was right, this is an interesting book.

-

a/n: you might be asking, "parker, when is the romance going to happen?" and to that my answer is: