20. Misunderstandings and Confessions

"Are you ready for our walk Lokes?"

"Yep! Just give me a moment!" His voice responds through the door.

You were nervous. You shouldn't feel this nervous but you did. Today shouldn't change much between the two of you, you were already practically dating. You spend nearly 24/7 together, making it "official" was not going to make it horribly different. It wasn't like you were going to do a blood oath that would make it impossible for you both to separate. Were you? Was that a weird thing they do in Asgard that you're unaware of? Oh god, you hoped not.

You hear Loki's door open. "Darling, I'm ready," he smiles but quickly frowns when he sees your fidgeting. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. Yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. We can stay home today if you're not feeling the greatest. We can have a movie night-"

"It's fine, I'm just a bit nervous," you say, smiling a little.

Loki looks at you adoringly, "You don't have to be nervous, Y/n. We've gone on dates before, this one won't be much different. It's just a walk and getting a cup of coffee." He hesitantly grabs your shoulders gently, "Y/n, take a deep breath. We can reschedule if you want."

"No, no, we'll do it! I just-" Loki cuts you off.

"You're breaking up with me aren't you?" his face falls. "I should have known this wasn't going to work out. Gods, I'm such an idiot for thinking someone could fall in love with a lying monster like me," Loki says while his eyes fill with tears. He recomposes himself and looks at you coldly. "You should leave, Y/n."

"I was going to-"

"GO!" he yells, his voice booming in the hallway.

The others were downstairs training, but they definitely heard. They'll be upstairs in a couple minutes so you need to fix this now.

"Loki, I never wanted to end this! I was planning to ask you if you wanted to make us official," you try to correct, your voice wavering.

"Don't patronize me," Loki spits.

"I want to be your partner! I want to be with you for as long as I live, Loki! For god's sake, I love you!" you plead. Tears were running down your face at this point.

"...You really mean that? Please, Y/n. Tell me you really mean that," Loki says, his voice catching in his throat. It hurt you to see him doubt his worth—his eligibility to be loved.

"I really mean it, Lokes. I love you," you say trying to put all the confidence you could into your voice. You needed him to understand that, to know that he can be loved and that you love him.

Loki doesn't even respond, he walks over and kisses you. His hands hold the sides of your face and hold you close to him. You immediately kiss back and put your hands on the sides of his face as well, pulling him even closer. You feels his tears run down his face and onto yours, and you can taste the saltiness on your lips.

He pulls away and rests his forehead on yours. "I love you so so much Y/n."

You move your hands on top of his and gently squeeze. "I love you."

Before you both pull away from your hugs, you hear clapping.

" 'Bout fucking time you two lovebirds kissed," Tony says.

You turn to face them. "You're all a bunch of creeps for standing there- Oh my god Clint is that popcorn?"

Clint shyly smiles and "hides" the popcorn behind his back.

"Stay safe kids, and use protection. We don't need little Lokis running around destroying everything," Nat says, joking a little.

"Nat, you don't need to bring that up in front of Captain Modesty. You might make him have a heartattack," you fire back.

"Don't worry Y/n, he's not modest when I'm with him," Bucky responds.

"BUCKY!" Steve scolds, hitting him on the back.

"Ouch, it's true though," he defends, rubbing his back where Steve hit him.

"Okay, TMI you two. T. M. I.," Rhodey says.

"We're just gonna go," you say pointing at yourself and Loki. "You guys can discuss that amongst yourselves, we have a date to get you."

Loki looks down at you and smiles, "Yes, we have plenty of books to purchase."

-

a/n: it is *checks calendar* march 18th 2022

love is such a scary word. the whole "I Love You" thing was actually supposed to happen in four chapters but while writing this it didn't happen so i'm going to have to fix some plot stuff ™ because i already wrote the last 15 chapters-