.* 1 *.

When you turn 10, the words your soulmate say to you, that make you fall for them—appear. They appear on your arm and give you hope of having someone special. Some may recognize the words already, having already met their soulmate as children. Otherwise they grow up and wait to hear the words their soulmate will use...

Izuku
Inko: "Happy Birthday Izu baby!"

Izuku: "Thanks mom!"

Katsuki: "Here."

Izuku: "You got me a present Kacchan?"

Katsuki: "It's just because you got me one this year!"

Izuku: "Thank you Kacchan!"

As I stretch my hand out I notice something on my arm.

Izuku: "Wow....I actually have a soulmate..."

Inko: "Oh my! I wish I could see it."

Izuku: "What do you mean?"

Inko: "I guess I never did tell you that part. Well you're the only one who can see what you're soulmate is going to say."

Izuku: "Whys that?"

Inko: "Well...it's very complicated. I'll tell you when you grow up a bit more."

Katsuki: "What does it say?"

Izuku: "It says, 'And—"

Inko: "No Izuku! You can't tell anyone about what those words are."

Izuku: "I can't?"

Inko: "To make things simple I guess...those words are to remain a mystery to others. Because if you tell someone about them, you'll loose that special bond with your soulmate."

Izuku: "Oh..."

I stared at my arm. The words my partner will tell me to fall in love with them. I can already feel my heart race just reading them.

'And how do you say, I love you'

Izuku: "I can't believe me and Kacchan are actually going to attend different high schools."

Katsuki: "That's because the old hag wanted me to go to a high school that specializes in the arts."

Izuku: "Man I would've applied if I knew Kacchan was going..."

Katsuki: "Ugh—SHUT UP!"

I gave a big smile, Kacchan tends to pretend that he doesn't care. Sometimes I think he's my soulmate but...

Inko: "You think you know who it is?"

Izuku: "I mean, I think..."

Inko: "Well, once you both fall in love. Right where the words are, it'll burn a bit. But that's just the words being engraved. And then, everyone will be able to see those words."

Izuku: "Oh..."

I thought I loved Kacchan. Maybe he doesn't quite love me yet. But then the words on arm haven't been spoken yet either...

Katsuki: "Well...you can wait for me outside of my school..."

Izuku: "Huh?"

Katsuki: "It's just because you pass by my school on your way home!"

I smiled once more seeing him care about our friendship.

Izuku: "Okay Kacchan. I'll wait for you outside everyday."

I could see him blush slightly but he then looked away angrily.

Katsuki
Katsuki: "Tch, stupid nerd."