forty-one: silverfinger

chapter forty-one ❝ i am a wreck when i'm without you ❞silverfinger

chapter forty-one
i am a wreck when i'm without you
silverfinger

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"And this is how I do the claw thing," Kennedy waved her hand up, smiling at Malia Tate. Malia watched, fascinated when she saw the claws come from Kennedy's fingertips

Malia smiled wide. "You are so cool." She stated, causing Kennedy to smile softly. "And your mom did stuff like this too?"

"I think so," Kennedy explained, sitting on the Tate's bed. "I don't remember much, but I do remember that she taught Derek." Malia smiled, nodding urgently. The two did this many mornings, ever since Kennedy and Scott found her. Malia was growing attached to the Hale girl, categorizing her as her best friend.

Mr. Tate knocked on the door, "Ken, you gotta go to school," He told her. Kennedy looked up, smiling kindly as she scooted off the bed.

Kennedy looked over, "I'll call your dad and ask to hang out in a couple days, okay?" She asked the Tate. Malia smiled, nodding slowly in agreement. Kennedy picked up her bag, walking out.

She slid in her car, turning on music as she drove out of the Tate driveway. She could see Malia's face in the window, watching her drive off. Kennedy giggles to herself, taking a left down the road.

༺❀༻

At school, Kennedy climbed out of her car, slamming the door shut as she saw Scott and two other motorcycles pull up next to him. Scott takes off his helmet, just as the other two do. "You guys going to be doing this all day?" He asked. Kennedy walked over, handbag in the bend of her arm as she saw the now Omega twins.

"All day." Says Ethan.

"All night." Adds Aiden.

Scott shakes his head. "Is this about being in my pack?" He asks, annoyed.

"This is about you being the target of demonic ninjas." Aiden explains.

Ethan raises a brow, "You mean the demonic ninjas that pulled swords out of their chests and completely kicked our asses?"

"Yeah. Those demonic ninjas."

"I don't need anyone to protect me." Says Scott.

Kennedy stepped over, "Scott, they were looking right at you when the sun came up." She says defeatedly.

"But then they disappeared." Scott points out. "Argent thinks that they could just come out at night." Kennedy sighed, rolling her eyes.