chapter forty-five

season two ; episode one { The Gold }
chapter forty-five

season two ; episode one { The Gold }chapter forty-five

KILDARE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL.

Brooklyn hadn't seen that sign in forever. She hadn't stepped foot in this school since her and JJ ditched in the tenth grade to go smoke weed. However, here she was once again and she was ready to have some sort of normality in her life.

But that didn't stop the stares or the whispers from complete strangers who were once her classmates.

"If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ slammed the car door once Brooklyn had climbed out.

"That's not funny."

They all began to walk towards the entrance. Brooklyn had her hands clutched into fists, her nails burying deep into her palms to calm her down. She could hear the whispers from the teenagers. The it's then or there they are like they had just murdered someone.

Brooklyn stoped when she spotted a collection of flowers and messages that people had made for John B. Photos of him stuck onto half a surfboard that was leaning against a rock. It was kind of sweet but she knew that no one cared about John B, she knew that the school probably set them up to do this.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kiara commented, looking around at the kids who began to walk into the building.

"Can't we just go? I'm sick of this shit." Brooklyn turned her head away, pulling her nails out of her palms only to spot the blood. Perfect.

"Guys, I can't be late." Pope began to walk ahead.

"Hey. Hey. We gotta stick together." Kiara held her hand out which Pope took. Kiara wrapped her arm around Brooklyn's and Brooklyn snatched JJ's hand.

The four of them headed in.

The anxiety was kicking in. Walking these halls made her heart pound and her body shake. The familiar faces of everyone made her feel uncomfortable and all she wanted to do was run away but she had been pulled into the history classroom that she remembered from years ago.

"Brooklyn." The teacher called. "It's nice to see you again. I'm sorry to hear about your brother."

"Hmm. Thank you." She pushed herself past everyone and sat herself at the back next to JJ where she always used to sit.

"Just like old times, Brooke." He held out his hand and gave hers a squeeze. "Just like old times."

It was almost just like old times. Her and JJ swinging on the back of their chairs, phones in their hands while the teacher lamely talked about history and whatever topic they were doing. "...and the slave becomes the new ruler. Now, Diocletian splits the sprawling Roman Empire..."