Chapter Eight

The next hour was one of the funniest times of my life.

We had a substitute teacher who fell asleep instantly, leaving us to do whatever we wanted.

I spent the hour secretly levitating wads of paper at Edward's head, being smacked on the arm by Alice while she tried to contain her laughter and annoying Edward - once again - with random thoughts.

What's for dinner?

If you drop soap on a dirty floor, is the soap dirty or is the ground clean?

What gets bigger the more you take it away?

Did you know my middle name is Anastasia?

"Anastasia? Really?" He laughed.

"Hey! Don't judge. It's actually a very regal name!" Alice defended. I smirked at him in response.

"The cute pixie thinks I'm regal." I bragged to Edward

Alice laughed again.

"You think I'm cute then?" She smiled.

"I- uhhhh. I mean, yes but not in a weird way. But, I mean..."

They both looked at me with smiles and giggled. Oh god, how do I keep embarrassing myself?

"Maya," Edward started, with a hesitant look upon his face, "would you come to our house tonight? We need to talk to you about a few things."

"That's not creepy at all," I laughed, but they didn't seem amused, "of course I will."

"Good," Alice smiled, "we will cook you some dinner."

I smiled at them. Just then, the bell went and we all stood up. Edward said earlier that Rosalie and Emmett had a free period with me next, so I walked out of the class intending to go find them.

But I didn't need to bother. They were outside my class waiting for me when I left.

I greeted them both with a kiss on the cheek, suddenly feeling very confident. They responded with smiles, and Emmett threw his arm around my shoulder.

I blushed again.

God this was going to be a long day.