Chapter 56: Best Birthday Ever

Cole's Pov

I don't know why I thought Luna did all this birthday preparation for me, to make me happy, but as usual, my expectations have been crushed. Look at Luna and Ray happily talking to each other. What they must be talking to each other? I think Luna's trick to make Ray jealous worked, and now in a few days, Luna will go back to him, leaving me alone. And after some time she will forget that I exist as well.

"Hey, are you okay?", Char's voice, disturbs my thoughts.

Luna also asked me the same question, "Yeah! why is everyone asking me the same question?",

"Because anyone can see that you are not okay, it is clearly written on your face that you are upset", Yes I am upset. I am upset, looking at Luna and Ray happily talking to each other.

"I am fine", I tell her, not removing my gaze from Luna and Ray.

" Who is Luna talking to?",

"It's Ray, her ex-boyfriend",

"Oh! So, that is the reason for your sadness",

" No, I am not upset because of them", I lie.

Wait a minute. The color of Luna's face changed, from rosy to pale white. And now she is going towards the dining room. What happened? What did Ray say to Luna? That made Luna pale and white. I have to ask her.

"Excuse me, I need to talk to my girlfriend", I tell Char. And I walk towards the dining room, in search of Luna.

As I was walking towards the Luna I collide with someone.

" Hey, dude watch out," Paul tells me, he is one of Ray's friends.

"I am sorry",

He ignores my apology," Can't you see with these big glasses also?",

"I said I am sorry", I apologize once again.

Once again he ignored my apology, "Who are you by the way?",

" I am Cole, this is my birthday party", I think he is drunk, didn't he saw me, cutting the cake?.

"So you are Luna's Nerd boyfriend", he says with a mocking tone.

"Yes, I am Luna's boyfriend", I try to ignore that he called me a nerd.

He smirks," I don't know why Luna chose you to make Ray jealous",

"What?",

" Everyone knows that Luna is just with you to make Ray jealous", I clench my hand into a fist. I know whatever he is saying is true, but the way he is spitting it on my face is offending.

He continues to insult me in my house, "I think you also know that Luna is just using you, but I think you like being her little toy, whom she can use until she can get back together with Ray, but once Ray comes back to her, which he will come soon, she will throw you out of her life", as soon as he utters the last words from his mouth, I punch him on his face.

Ouch!

Apparently, When you punch someone, your hand also hurts.

I tried to control my rage, but he was saying everything, which I was trying to ignore.

I look around, the music has stopped and everyone is looking at me.

Luna comes rushing to me and asks, "What happened?",

"Your Nerdy boyfriend broke my nose", Paul tells her, covering his bloody nose with his hand.

" What?", she looks at me in disbelief.

"Yes, because he is a jerk", I tell her and walk towards my room.

" Where are you going?", she comes behind me and asks.

I turn towards her, "In my room",

"I don't know what Paul said that made you mad, but look at him, he is drunk, he probably wouldn't know what he is saying, and these things happen at parties, so don't get sad because of this", Maybe Paul was drunk, but whatever he said was true. The truth which I was trying to ignore for a long time.

" I am tired Luna, I can't do this anymore",

"Cole, it's your party, you can't go to sleep in your room, in the middle of your birthday party",

" It's not my party, it's your party",

"What?",

" Look around Luna, all these people don't know me also, they don't even care about me, nobody here cares about me", I say last words looking into her eyes.

"I care about you, I did this everything for you", I can't believe she is still lying to me.

"No Luna, you did this all for yourself, not for me", I tell her, and I go into my room.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

I knock on the door of Cole's room and wait for him to open it, "it's open", he says from inside.

Grabbing the doorknob, I open the door, and I see Cole sitting on his bed. When I enter his room, he doesn't even look at me.

" Hey", I say, walking towards him.

"You are still here?", he asks.

"You want me to go?"

"No!",

" I bought an ice pack for your hand", I tell him and sit beside him.

I take his hand with bruised knuckles in mine and keep the ice pack on his bruised knuckles. It's all my mistake, I ruined Cole's birthday. He was right, I had thrown a birthday party for myself, not for him. I wanted to prove to Charlotte that I know Cole better than her. Our relationship is stronger than her friendship, but while proving Charlotte wrong, I hurt Cole.

"I am sorry, please don't cry", Cole tells me, lifting my chin.

What?

I am crying? I didn't realize when tears start to roll down from my eyes.

" I am sorry Luna, for saying all those things", He wipes my tears.

"Why you are saying sorry? I am sorry I ruined your birthday, you were right, I threw this party for me, not for you, I threw you a birthday party because I was jealous of Charlotte",

" What? You didn't throw the party to make Ra jealous?",

"No! I threw the party because I was jealous of Charlotte",

" But I didn't get it, why you were jealous of Char?", He is right. Why was I jealous of Charlotte?

"Because...",

"Because?",

Unable to answer, I kiss him, but he pulls back and looks into my eyes, and kisses me back.

Electricity starts to pass in every nerve of my body, as I taste the sweet flavor of his lips and the warmth of his mouth.

Without even realizing it, involuntary I unbutton his shirt. Pulling away from his mouth, I start to kiss on his neck, and then on his chest.

"Luna…", he says my name. And I don't know why a sudden shiver passes through my body.

"Are sure?",

"Yes, I am sure, I want you tonight, all of you", I tell him.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till the next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX