9 | Jade

Caren planned our second pajama night, and that was today

Caren planned our second pajama night, and that was today. I prayed it goes better than the last one without any arguments.

This was a time I needed, because as much stress that I have been dealing with lately and not having my girls around to talk to, I need some girl chat. But it was hard for me to pull away from Sarai since I have been with her everyday, all day.

If it was not for Caren planning on us to drinking liquor and having it adults only, I would've packed Sarai a overnight bag and brought her right along with me. But since neither Caren or Andi are bringing their kids along, I'll be fair and keep mine at home too.

I should've left already, but I couldn't let go of Sarai.

She was standing on my lap, eating on a teething snack, while I was planted on her daybed in some lounge attire. "Say 'ma-ma'."

Sarai stared me in my eyes. "Da-da."

"No. Ma-ma."

Sarai babbled away, ignoring me completely.

"Ma-ma. Say it just one time before I leave."

"Da-da," she repeated, making me deadpan. She giggled and jumped up and down. "Da-da! Da-da."

"See, no, I'm tossing you away. I'm tossing my little baby away!" I spoke in a baby voice, lifting her up and making her laugh. She was so happy, drool coming down on my face. I done my face in a playful screw. "Eww! You drool on mommy's face."

"That's nasty," Carla came in with her nose scrunched. "Sarai Jolene! Come to Tete baby."

Carla picked up Sarai as I retrieved a wipe and cleaned the drool off of my face.

Sarai have been with me for a little over a week and we have grown close, especially her and Carla. It made me wonder if Carla ever wanted children, even after a doctor told her years ago that she was infertility.

"Do you want one of those yourself? Even if it means adopt."

"I gave up the dream of becoming a mother when that doctor told me I'd never have children."

"But do you really believe you can't tho?" I wanted to know. "I mean don't get me wrong, doctor's may know more than us medically, but they not God. Can't tell you that you never will."