~ 22 ~

Author's pov:

Author's pov:

Maya stood in the kitchen, lost in her thoughts. She was thinking about what Anu said a few hours ago. She was brought out of her thoughts by the continuous buzzing of the oven. Oh no! She totally forgot about the cake. She took the cake out of the oven and placed it on the kitchen counter.

She greased the pan again and poured the remaining batter into it. She placed the pan in the oven and set the timer. She totally forgot about the icing in between. She was preparing the icing when she felt two hands sliding around her waist.

"I thought you were taking a nap," she said, leaning back on his chest.

"Nope. You are not there, right? And I'm quite accustomed to your presence," he said, tightening his hold on her.

"Hmm," she mumbled.

"Bunny?" Avi called her.

"Hmm," she mumbled.

"Do you remember what you said to me in the hospital?" He asked, by turning her around and looking into her eyes.

"Umm, what did I say?" she asked, looking at him innocently, battling her eyelashes.

"Didn't you remember?" he asked her with a pout.

"No! I don't remember. Did I say something?" she said, playing with his shirt buttons.

Avi looked at her disappointed.

"Hmm, tell me, did I tell you anything?" She asked him with a mischevious glint in her eyes.

"Nothing." He understood that she was playing around.

"Let me see how long you will hide your feelings for me." He thought in his mind.

"Okay. If you leave me now, then I've to complete the icing on the cake," she said, coming out of his hold.

"Okay, you continue your work while I'll continue mine," he said, smiling cheekily.

"And what is your so-called work?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at him.

"Of course, staring at you," he said, grinning.

"Gosh, Avi! Stop with your flirting for now. And let me do my work. If you are hungry, your favourite mint choco chip cup cakes are in the refrigerator. Go and eat them and please spare me a few minutes," said Maya.

"Such an unromantic wife you are," Avi complained, pouting like a baby.

"Thanks for the compliment, hubby dear," she said, giving him a flying kiss.

Avi rolled his eyes and went to gobble his favourite cup cakes.