Chapter 20

"Amelia, I finally got you."

"Mason, what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you? That's a question that you should be asking yourself. I mean you really puzzle me, Amelia, what did I do so wrong for you to run away from me? No girl has ever avoided me like I'm plague."

"Is this why you are blocking my path, Mason?" she looked at his face, and there was some light streaming in from the moon.

"Yes, I am...I am..."

"You are what Mason? What is up with you? Why are you acting strange?"

"I....I feel......no I don't have to explain myself." Mason replied."Okay, then can I leave?' "That again Amelia. Why are you avoiding me? And don't say that you haven't been avoiding me because you have."

"When did I?" Amelia tried to keep her voice stable.

"Oh please, when you went out the other night. I know you saw me but you ran away."

"I was late Mason."

"Bullshit Amelia."

"Fine Mason, I was avoiding you okay, I just felt awkward about that night and I didn't tell James about it."

"But I thought you and James didn't tell each other everything?"

"That's different Mason, you are his best friend. I don't want him to get any wrong ideas that aren't there and will never be there."

"Why can't there be anything between us Amelia."

"Are you kidding me right now Mason?"

"Nope, I asked a genuine question that you also are trying to avoid answering. Now tell me why they can't be anything between us Amelia?"

"Are you kidding me right now, in what world in your right mind would I ever, and I mean ever be with you? Do you think when I'm looking for a boyfriend I look for material such as yourself? Sorry to break it to you my self-esteem is not that low for you to prey on."

"Ouch, I didn't know that you thought that about me," Mason replied.

"Well, now you do."

"Do you at least find me attractive?"

What does that have to do with anything Mason?"

"Just answer the question, Amelia."

"I will not do such a thing."

"So you do find me attractive." Mason's eyes glinted.

"Fine let me answer you honestly, I don't find you attractive."

Mason's face fell at how she had said it sincerely, "Not even a bit Amelia?"

"Not in the slightest Mason, get that through your thick head. Not everyone will be bound to find you attractive."

"Let me test out something to see that you are really not attracted to me," Mason replied.

"Mason there is nothing that you could do that would make me change my perception of you. Why can't you just accept that you might not be as good-looking as you think you are. I get it you get girls easily but that goes both ways, it makes you cheap too. You are easily accessible and they are also using you. So I hate to break it to you pal, you.are.not.good.looking."

In a flash Mason grabbed her face and tilted it upright, his lips took hers.

Early access to Book 1: Www.patreon.com/taniashava