Chapter 33

Time had flown. It had been a month and the DA was stronger than ever. Neville had found the perfect  place to have lessons and everyone was learning very valuable spells.

Well, almost everyone...

"You what?" I asked, taken aback. I couldn't have heard that right.

"I joined the inquisitorial squad." Elijah shrugged.

"But why?" I asked.

"One, I don't want Potter spreading lies." He scoffed, "And two, if anything is going on in the school then Professor Umbridge deserves to know."

"So, what?" I scoffed, "You don't think You Know Who is back?"

"No, I don't actually."

"You think Cedric just dropped dead?"

"Like Dumbledore said, people change in the maze. I'm sure there was an accident, but I don't think it was You Know Who." He raised his voice slightly.

"What are you implying?" I raised my voice as well.

"You know full well what I'm implying." He stood up from his armchair. Gryffindor's were looking now.

I stood up as well, although he towered over me.

"Please, enlighten me!" I scoffed, loudly.

"He killed Cedric, alright?" He shouted, "Or at least that's what everyone thinks. Ask anyone and they'll tell you."

I opened my mouth to argue but nothing came out. I huffed, pushing past him and heading towards the door.

Hermione, Ron, and Harry walked in at that moment.

"Y/n." Hermione smiled, "I've been looking for you."

"Sorry, 'Mione, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later." My words slurred unintentionally as I pushed through the group.

I ran down the stairs and around the corner, leaning my back against the cool stone.

How did I ever become friends of these people?

I thought back, trying to remember a single red flag.

"Pure bloods or mud bloods?"

Oh, yeah that makes sense.

I rubbed my face, was I really that ignorant? How could I not see it?  It's crazy that I just put up with it.

I was more mad at myself than anything. How could I even be surprised when they act like that?

What is wrong with me?