Chapter 1

Heyo before starting this chapter, I just wanted to say that I am not going to be doing everything the same way as the anime/manga. There will still be the same events of course, but they will be done a bit differently. Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------

"YUKI, HURRY UP," I yelled from downstairs. Tohru and I were ready to go, though Yuki was still upstairs. "Alright, alright, I'm here," Yuki said as he came down. "Have fun at school!" Shigure said. Tohru smiled at the "old" man while I just glared at him.

"Alright, let's go," Yuki said. We walked out the door and waved at Shigure. We made our way down the stairs and across the bridge. "I've been wondering..." Tohru started. We both looked at her. "I've met all the zodiac members except the cat. Do you know when I'll meet him?" Tohru asked.

Yuki and I both looked at each other. "We don't know yet, but it would be better if you don't meet that stupid cat," Yuki said. "Why not?" 

"Let's just say he causes problems," Yuki answered. The rest of the walk to school was silent. Tohru's question caught me off guard since I've been wanting to see Kyo for so long, yet I didn't know when. I wanted it to be just like the old days...

When we got to school, Tohru parted ways to go with Uoutani and Hanajima. "Hey.." Yuki said. I looked at him to find him looking down at me. "You'll see him. I'm not sure when but I have a gut feeling it's soon..." he said. I smiled. I knew Yuki didn't like Kyo, but he knew that I liked him and supported me.

Yuki's the only one that knows I like Kyo, so it was a relief. "Let's get to class before we're late," Yuki said. I nodded and we both headed to class. Tohru, Hanajima, and Uoutani were already there, waiting by my desk.

"Hey," I said smiling. They waved. Tohru was going to open her mouth to speak but was cut off by the teacher's voice. "Alright, let's start class," Miss. Mayuko said. Everyone besides Tohru groaned.

----------------

When class ended, it was time to go home. We said our goodbyes headed our way home. "What's for dinner tonight?" Yuki asked on our way home. "Hmmm... probably leek soup!" Tohru said. The two chatted while I stayed quiet.

I remembered that Kyo never liked leek soup or leek in general. With all these thoughts about Kyo, I was starting to get a little homesick being away from dad and Kyo. "Y/N? Y/N, Y/N!" I heard my name being called. I looked at Tohru and Yuki, their faces filled with concern. "You ok?" Tohru asked. 

I nodded and said, "Yep I was just thinking, that's all..." They both nodded but kept the worried looked plastered on their face. When we finally came home, I took off my shoes, put my bag down, and excused myself to go upstairs. I felt like crying. 

Thinking of Kyo and Dad was just too much knowing that they weren't with me at the moment. They just had~ to go to the mountains... I wanted to go too but dad didn't let me. I then heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my tears and said, "Come in." 

Yuki opened the door and stepped inside. He closed the door behind him. "You ok? You seemed off earlier," he said. I looked down at the floor and felt tears running down my eyes. "I miss him..." I mumbled. "I miss him so much. He and dad," I said. I started rambling until I felt him put his hand on my head. 

"It'll be ok..." he soothed me. I looked at him and smiled. To me, Yuki and Ayame were like my big brothers... I felt comfortable crying in front of them. I was also comfortable talking about everything with them. "Thank you," I whispered. Yuki smiled.

"Let's head downstairs, shall we?" he asked. I nodded and smiled.

When we got downstairs, we saw that Tohru was preparing dinner. "Need help?" I asked. She smiled and said, "No, it's fine!" I smiled then Yuki and I went to sit with Shigure. Shigure eyed the two of us with a confused look knowing something was the matter, but he ignored it and went back to his newspaper.

"And done!" I heard Tohru say from the kitchen. I stood up and went to her so I could help her set the table. I brought out the bowls and utensils. Tohru started filling the bowls as we all got comfy. When she was done, she sat in front of me. "Thank you for this meal," we all said before we started eating.

When we finished eating, I helped Tohru clean up. When we finished with that, we both went to sit down with the other 2. "Shigure, what's been happening with your editor?" Yuki asked. Shigure looked at us and said, "Oh everything had been quite well." I looked at him blankly and said, "I don't buy that."

He just laughed. We all talked and laughed until we heard someone knock on the door. "I'll get it," I said before I quickly stood up and ran to the door. I opened the door and I was shocked. The person I used to live with. The person that was my best friend. The person I was in love with. He was staring right back at me. 

"Kyo..."

*A/N: Heyy Besties! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Tell me your thoughts about it. So like I said at the top, I'll be making things quite different. I know the cat made his appearance a different way, but I'm deciding to do it differently. I'll be changing stuff throughout the story! Anyways, until next time!*