Meeting the Family

The first few days at the compound were so boring! Nat was so protective, every time I moved she sprang into action to support me like I might shatter into a million pieces.

"Nat go and train, you're getting restless! I'm sure I'll be fine for a few hours" I propped myself up on my elbows to watch her pace the room. I'd told her to go and train at least twice already today and every time I'd been met with an eye roll.
"You're sure you'll be fine?" She came to sit by me and brushed the hair from my face.
"Yes Natasha, I'm injured I'm hardly going to be getting into any trouble!" I pulled her into a hungry kiss, tugging on her lower lip with my teeth. She groaned pulling away.
"Not until your stitches are out" she softly kissed my forehead,  "be good while I'm gone"

An hour later I was truly bored. I think I'd rather of have Nat's pacing back and forth to keep me entertained. I winced as I sat up and grabbed a jumper, it was time to have a little look around my new home. So far I'd seen Nat's room and her bathroom it was finally time to change that.
I stepped quietly out of her room, it was the furthest I'd walked in a week and I could feel the stitches pulling. Turns out getting stabbed doesn't have a very quick recovery. I let my feet take me slowly down the hall in hopes of finding some kind of tv or a kitchen or maybe even a person!

"Lost?" A voice sounded from behind me making me jump out of my skin. I stumbled into the wall trying to recover.
"Nat said you were jumpy...sorry I shouldn't have snuck up on you" she said again appearing by my side.
"Don't... don't worry about it" I took a deep breath trying to get the pain in my stomach to subside.

"You good?" A steady grip found my elbow. I nodded quietly clenching my teeth. "Well you look kinda like shit...I mean you probably look like shit all the time at the minute your face is pretty messed up" she just kept taking and guiding me down the hall. I followed her quietly trying to work out who the hell she was.
"Come on slow poke Wanda is in the kitchen she'll make you lunch..."

I stopped for a second, "sorry, who are you?" I turned to face her properly she was shorter than me, her blonde hair was loosely tied up.
"Yelena" she said it simply like I should recognise the name so I just shrugged.
"Of course she hasn't told you about me. She was probably too busy posing. Come on!" She dragged me quickly into the kitchen and pushed me onto a stool.

"You could be gentle with her Yelena!" A cool pair of hands grabbed my face and I found myself looking into the eyes of who I assume was Wanda. "Your bruises are looking... worse."
"Just what a girl wants to hear...at least you didn't say I look like shit" I pushed my hair out of my face self consciously.

"Who said you look like...never mind I bet I can guess" Wanda said lifting the bottom of my jumper up to check my dressing. I pushed her hands away, being babied by Nat was one thing but a person I just met making me feel like a patient was even worse.

"Stop...it's fine! Nat changed it this morning" 
Yelena appeared on the stool next to me eating an apple. "You know, she's not a doctor" she said between mouthfuls of food.
"Are you two doctors?" I threw back. Maybe I should have stayed in the room.
They both shook their heads.

"I said you'd make her lunch" Yelena ended the silence as she stood up to get drinks.
"Is this just because you want me to make you lunch...again?" Wanda said smiling already moving towards the fridge. "Pasta?" She looked at me, I nearly didn't even notice I was too busy grabbing a bottle of water out of Yelena's hand and trying to make out how many rings she'd managed to fit them all onto her hands.

"So how did you escape your room imprisonment?" Yelena asked. Wanda paused cutting up chicken to listen.
"I told Nat to go train... she was climbing the walls...I was climbing the walls"
"Natasha did what you asked?"
"Oh shush Wanda just because she always ignores you!"
"She ignores you more" they continued to squabble quietly about who Natasha ignored the most. The smell of food began to fill the kitchen, it had been so long since I had eaten a home cooked meal I didn't even notice that I'd found my feet and drifted over to where Wanda was cooking.

"Hungry?" Her voice broke me out of the spell.
"Erm, yeah...it smells so good" I stumbled back over to the kitchen bench.
"Good" her smile reached her eyes as she placed loaded plates in-front of me and Yelena.
I watched Yelena for a second who seemed to have managed to shovel half of the food into her mouth at once.
"So good" she mumbled through another mouthful of food. I wasn't really sure how she was finding time to breath. I followed her lead and took a mouthful of food. God it was so good.
Suddenly I was eating at the same speed as her and barely chewing. "So so good" I basically moaned into my next mouthful of food.

I looked up once my plate was empty to find Wanda watching me half chuckling into a mug of coffee.
"You two are going to be trouble together, I can tell" she cleared our plates. I noticed her fingers linger on Yelena's shoulder as she passed by her. I'll have to ask Nat what they were up to.

I was watching Yelena and Wanda almost dance around the kitchen as they moved about each other. It was like they wanted to be close but were holding off. I was just about to ask them if they were dating when I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap gently around my waist.
"I thought you were staying out of trouble" her lips brushed my ear making me shiver.

"Yeah well I was bored" i twisted in my seat to kiss her.
"Gross.... Get a room" Yelena's voice made me smile into my kiss with Nat.
"Are you always this annoying?" I asked leaning into Nat.
"Yes she is. The most annoying person ever"
"I learnt from you" Yelena hit back at Natasha.

Nat quietly stepped from behind me leaving a kiss on the top of my head before she launched herself over the kitchen counter tackling Yelena. A whirlwind of arms and legs breezed past me and the two of them disappeared.
"What was that?" I asked wide eyed looking at Wanda.
She rolled her eyes, "the never ending battle for dominance" she laughed when I frowned, maybe a little bit of jealousy might have made its way to my face. "They're sisters...you're good."
"Oh" was all I could muster, I didn't know what else to say.

"Come on then...they'll be  while. We can go watch a film" Wanda pulled me from my chair gently and led me down a different hall. I was totally going to get lost trying to make it around this compound.