part one

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Lost in japan
Shawn Mendes

The passing trees were fresh and green, the sun shining upon its leaves, enhancing the evergreen glow. Inside the car sat a 16 year old girl, her back rested on the car seat, her legs tangled at the ankle while her hands played with each other in nervousness.

The car window was opened, allowing the fast wind to enter the car and stride across her face making her head feel lighter, and at peace.

She gave out a heavy sigh and glanced to her side where a man, whom she called 'father' was sitting. His hands clutched on the wheel as he calmly pushed the accelerator making the car move across from the natural surroundings.

Why were we doing this? She thought. Why, after all those years of trying to stay away from this past, why were we coming back here? Y/n never knew Kingston, She grew up in New York, her whole childhood was there and they were all leaving it behind.

She knew for a fact that when she was young, she'd never set foot here, that all those memories her father had with her mother, all those mistakes he made as a teenager, everything, were something he didn't want her to be a part of.

But now for the sake of his job, they were coming back here. Her father worked his ass off for 3 whole years to finally achieve something in his career, to finally not be a failure.

After he came out of rehab he promised himself to make his career one his priorities, and he did just that.

She knew what her dad had been through, and She couldn't let the excuse to not be a part of his past let him ruin the opportunity to finally make a living.

In the midst of her thoughts and expectations of what living in a small town, going to a whole new high school and finding new friends would be like, Y/n was soon snapped out of her thoughts as she felt a hand on her thigh.

"It's going to be alright pumpkin." She heard her dad's soft voice assure her.

She smiled back at him and placed her hand on his.

"I know."

>

"YOU REALLY HAD TO LEAVE ME TO PICK UP THE BOXES DIDN'T YOU DAD!"
"Oh don't explode just because you can't manage two boxes y/n."
"I HATE YOU!"
"Love you too sweetie."

Y/n rolled her eyes as she closed the trunk walking up to the house. Their car was parked in front of a old house, at least that was from her knowledge, any new visitor would think it was new as a warm paper out of the printer. The house didn't look old from any angle, despite no one living in it for 16 years.

The walls were painted a subtle shade of white, the roof had ruffles painted a grey colour. The door was also white with tiny dents and scratches visible from near by, there was a small porch deck before the door, supported by three pillars. The house was a two story house with a small attic up above.

She sighed as she placed the last of the boxes in front of the door, on the porch. Her dad in the meanwhile locked the car and made his way to open the door.

This house was the same place where her dad grew up, where he spent his high school years and the home he bought her to when she had no where else to go in this world. She never remembered any part of it considering she was only one when they left, but being here made her feel as if she had a spiritual connection with this mass of bricks.