3❀

"Look at that man's profile picture

     "Look at that man's profile picture." Nie squeaks, snatching my phone from me.

     "My lord, he is fine," Shay says, leaning her head over to look at my professor.

     "Can y'all chill out?" I say, rolling my eyes.

     Shay and Nie were currently gushing over Professor Abboud's profile picture. I'm not letting them look at his posts because they might accidentally like one and make it known that's he's getting stalked.

     "I'm sorry but, girl! You cannot tell me he isn't cute. I just wanna lick him up." Nie exclaims.

     I grimace and take a bite out of my butter chicken. I help the girls with their homework and then go to my room to put my pajamas on, consisting of a T-shirt and panties.

     "Guys, I'm going to bed. Y'all have fun." I yell out from my bedroom doorframe. As I start to walk back into my room, I hear little sniffles. As I exit my room and walk towards Echo's, the sniffles get louder.

     I open her door to see Echo sitting up on her bed rubbing her tear-filled eyes with her tiny fists.

     "Echo, Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, rushing towards my little one.

     "M-mommy?" Echo says, reaching her hands up and making grabby hands. "I want to sleep with my mommy."

     "Okay, sweetie. I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner." I express, swooping her up onto my hip and kissing her wet cheeks repeatedly. She just lays her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes once again.

     I walk towards my room and carefully open the door with one hand. I lay in the bed on my side and put Echo on my arm. I feel my eyes begin to flutter close and I soon fall asleep, cuddled up with my baby.

❀❀❀

     "Good afternoon, students. Please bring your homework up to my desk as I call your row." Professor Abboud says curtly, in his deep husky voice. He has glasses on today, making him look extra yummy.

     He begins calling everyone's row and they all go up to the front, placing their papers on his desk. When he calls my row, everyone goes up as I remain seated. As everyone gets back to their seat, some random girl calls out to me.

     "Hey! How come she doesn't have to turn in her homework? Are we just allowed to start slacking now on the second day of classes?" This causes the room to break out into whispers, causing my palms to become sweaty. My eyes become panicked as well as my breathing. I hate being the center of attention.

     Before I even had time to defend myself, Professor Abboud speaks up.

     "First of all, don't shout in my class. If you have something to say, you raise your hand. Second of all, I don't see how it's any of your business what she does Miss Shayley. You're still the student. You are in no place to make the calls here. If she needed to be disciplined, I would be the one doing it. Not some mere student. Know your place."