2

"You're not taking this seriously, Grandpa! They were like GIGANTIC wolves! Bigger than a bear!" She hurriedly said as she paced around the room. He sighed and focused on his writing, "I'm sure you just didn't see it correctly, dear. They were probably normal-sized wolves but they seemed bigger in the dark. Wolves are pretty big." She sighed and sat down in the dining chair, unable to convince him of what she had encountered. But she wasn't even sure in the first place if they were truly what she saw. Maybe she was wrong.

"I guess so." She trailed off. Ivy continued to listen to her grandpa ramble on about a different subject every minute as she played with her dinner. He enjoyed her mashed potatoes and vegetable soup. The only sense of comfort she felt was the beautiful hall that was the dining room. The house itself was already a serene, vintage building. The house was full of antique decor and it was built some decades ago. The dining room had dark, wooden chairs with velvet cushions on the seats with a matching table fit for at least ten people. Ivy sat at the end of the table and her grandfather sat at the other end. She never understood why he had such a large table. Their family was already small before and now that Ivy only had her grandpa left, it just made less sense.

"If you're done, I'll clean it up, grandpa. Don't you worry about the dishes." Ivy scolded, watching him struggle to pick up the plate in his weakened state. He groaned, "I'm not that old." She chuckled, "Yes, of course. Whatever you say." She rushed to help him back to his room, knowing that he was going to feel sleepy now. "Thank you, Ivy dear." He rambled on about how grateful he was, to which she replied with a slew of 'yes's and 'of course's. "I'm being frank. You have always been a good granddaughter." He said, dead serious as he looked into her doe-like eyes. She smiled at him, "Love you, grandpa. Have a good night." She watched him sink back into his large queen-sized bed, lined with silk sheets, shut the lights and the door.

Back in her room downstairs, she opened her favorite playlist on Spotify, and opened her book. She didn't necessarily enjoy that her room was on the ground floor of the rather large house but did not complain. It's not like she'd die if she didn't have a room on the second story. Ivy giggled to herself at the romantic book in delight. Her thick-framed reading glasses rested heavily on her nose. Ivy read the book for a while, then she took a warm shower, letting the stress of her first day dissolve with the steam. She spent the rest of her time before bed to watch some campy reality shows on TV or whatever program was on at the time.

As her eyelids started to get heavy and she began to doze off, a soft thud on her window jolted her awake. Ivy began to panic, beyond her backyard, it was just trees and more trees after that. A chill went down her spine. "It's just a branch. Just a branch." She mumbled to herself as she turned her back on her window and pulled the blankets over her head.

The reason why Sam Uley was in wolf form and in front of a random girl's window at one in the morning was because he had to prove to himself that the most beautiful person he had ever set his eyes on was real. She was indeed real, and he was ecstatic to learn more about her. Why was she living in the famous writer Arthur Lee's house? Why did she smell like vanilla and cinnamon? Why couldn't he stop thinking about her? He watched as her big, panicked eyes darted to the window he had accidentally banged into while leaning in to get a closer look at her, and ducked. Had she seen him? What was she doing to do now? He was afraid he might've scared her off.

"Sam, stop creeping over her. You're so weird. Come back now, we'll find information about her tomorrow." Paul communicated in his mind. He was also in his wolf form, patrolling around the reservation with Jared to look for the redheaded vampire. 

"Give him a break, Paul. He imprinted, you know what that feels like. But he is right, Sam. Come back and we'll find out more about her later." Jared defended. Sam let out a huff, his hot breath was visible in the autumn air. Jared was right, Paul was too. It was silly of him to be stalking her. He turned back to look into the window, she was trembling in fear. He wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her he was far from a threat but opted not to. He'd introduce himself formally later.

༻✧༺

When Ivy wondered what her first day at Forks High would be like, she certainly did not expect to be sat between two overly flirty guys called Mike and Tyler. "This is like Bella all over again," Jessica mumbled, watching the two jocks drool over the new girl. Ivy tilted her head, "You mean Bella Swan?" She asked.

"Yeah, how do you know her?"

"Charlie Swan comes over sometimes to check in on us. I've never seen her, though." Ivy explained, biting into her apple. Jessica chuckled, "Yeah, cause she went psycho after her boyfriend left her."

"Jessica!" Angela scolded, hitting her friend on the arm lightly, astonished she'd say that. "Don't act like it's not true. I mean, look at her!" The group turned to look at a girl sitting alone at a table, staring out the window. Her eyes seemed vacant and far away. Ivy admitted that Bella Swan was a very pretty girl, but anyone could see she had not been taking care of herself. Her hair was tied back and she wore a boring dark blue hoodie and some jeans, accompanied by some dirty, worn-out sneakers.

"Her boyfriend, Edward Cullen, was a total dreamboat. So was the rest of his family. Dr. Cullen and his wife were foster parents. There were five of them." Jessica explained, jumping at the opportunity to gossip.

"FIVE foster siblings?" Ivy repeated. That was unusual.

"Pretty sure they were a cult." Tyler leaned into Ivy.

"Anyways, they didn't really talk to anyone outside of their family, except Bella, of course." Angela continued for Jess. Ivy nodded along absentmindedly, she did not care.

"I see." She replied, her eyes trained on Bella. What did they do to make her look like that?

"So, Ives. You wanna come down to La Push with us on Friday, after school?" Mike asked. "We're going surfing." Eric added, "We always go down to La Push. Join us, girl!" Ivy smiled but shook her head, "I can't. I have stuff to do, I gotta find a job and-"

"Isn't your grandpa like loaded? Come on! It's just a day." Jessica interrupted, taking the new girl's hands. "Plus, you might just find a cute, fit guy on the beach." She winked.

"Hey! I'm right here." Mike joked, wiggling his eyebrows and flexing his muscles. Eric threw a fry at him as the group laughed.

"Okay." She relented. "But I don't have swimming gear."