Chapter 73 - Daylong Date Part 3

Lena and Kara have now made their way to a small little diner in Midvale town, pulling their car up outside. As Kara and Lena entered the diner, Kara held the door open for Lena, wanting to be gentlewomanly.

"Thank you darling." Lena smiles.

Kara quickly follows Lena inside the diner, and the two then find a booth in the corner of the place to sit in.

"KARA!!! Is that you!?!?" An older woman says, who is wearing a uniform, clearly signalling she works at the diner.

"Mrs Showfield." Kara smiles, standing up from the booth and taking the older woman in for a hug, "It's nice to see you."

"You too Kara." Mrs Showfield replies.

Kara and Mrs Showfield end their hug, and the older woman then spots Lena sitting at the booth.

"Oh, I see you brought a guest, who isn't Alex." Mrs Showfield smiles, and then steps closer to Lena, holding out her hand to shake. "Hello, I'm Claire Showfield, the owner of this place, it's nice to meet you."

"Ohh.... hi. I'm Lena, it's nice to meet you too." Lena replies, as she shakes the older woman's hand.

"Sorry, I should have introduced you two." Kara says, "Mrs Showfield, this is my girlfriend, Lena."

"Oh." Mrs Showfield says, her eyes going wide, before a big smile grows on her face. "Well, isn't that wonderful. You are one lucky lady Lena, while Kara still lived in Midvale, I had been trying to get her to date one of my boys for years!"

Lena smiles at Mrs Showfield.

"I am aware of how lucky I am." Lena says, now looking at Kara.

Kara looks back at Lena with a big smile on her face.

"You have it all wrong Mrs Showfield, I am the lucky one." Kara says.

Mrs Showfield chuckles.

"Well isn't that sweet." The older lady smiles, "Now, can I get you both something to drink?"

"Ohh uhhh yeah.... Can I have a triple chocolate milkshake please." Kara says, licking her lips slightly.

"Of course dear." Mrs Showfield smiles, "And you Lena?"

"Uhhh.... Can I have a coffee, black?" Lena asks.

"Come on Lena, that's boring!" Kara moans.

"Oh Kara, leave your girlfriend alone. Let her pick what she wants. Not everyone can eat as much unhealthy food as you." Mrs Showfirled says.

Kara lets out a small huff upon hearing that. Meanwhile Lena just shakes her head.

"Fine. I'll have a chocolate milkshake, as well as the coffee." Lena says.

Kara smiles widely now, happy that Lena has got a milkshake as well.

"Very well." Mrs Showfield nods. "Kara, you are a bad influence on this girl."

"Oh, she certainly is." Lena smirks, thinking back to what they did in the cabin on the island, which entirely happened because of Kara's influence.

Kara smirks back at Lena.

"Well, I'll be back with your drinks in a few minutes." Mrs Showfield says.

"Okay, thank you, Mrs Showfield." Kara smiles.

"Of course dear. And it is wonderful to see you again." Mrs Showfield says, and then turns around and leaves the couple alone at their booth.

Kara and Lena both smile, happily, at one another, and then pick up the two menus on the table.

"So, what do you recommend?" Lena asks, making a pretty good guess that Kara likely ate here a lot when she was growing up.

"Uhhhh everything." Kara says, with a smirk.

Lena lets out a chuckle.

"Everything can't be equally good." Lena replies.